"welcome to my home" Thessaloniki by magdaki

Thessaloniki Travel Guide: 545 reviews and 1,537 photos

This is a picture that, to me, captures the atmosphere of this city. An image that you can see almost any day during the autumn and winter (and Thessaloniki is a city that's most beautiful then). The horizon is almost lost due to the humidity, and the ships seem to float in the sky
There is so much I could say about this city.. but poets and writers have tried before me, and still its atmosphere is not easily described. Of course, my view would be biased, since this is my home, and I like it, in spite of the fact that I would really love to go away for some time! (call me schizophrenic). One thing is for sure: things seem to slow down when you arrive here :-)

I can't sit down and write too many tips at once :o)).. please e-mail me and ask anything you want to know

• Intro Updated Jun 25, 2005

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 1:00 AM

taxis are hell all over the world

• Yiannis2000's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Excellent photos! Kalo mina, ti leei h zwh sth Salonikh Magda?

• JosM's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 2:49 PM

Very nice how you depict your city in a few tips/pictures!

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2006 at 3:04 AM

Ha ha, I guess taxi drivers are the same all over the world :)) Thank you very much for the forum reply, I 'll say hello to your beautiful hometown:)

• Orkaena's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 9:28 AM

El sistema del taxi lo conocí en Atenas, un mediodía estuve casi dos horas gritando a los taxis que pasaban que quería ir hasta Brahami, al fin encontre uno, pero llegue tarde al almuerzo...

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 8:13 AM

Welcome back to VT. You live in a fascinating city.

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2004 at 9:27 PM

Geia Magda :) Thanks for dropping by The Andamans. Your own pages here, as well as the ones on Santorini, are flowing with magic. I would love to visit someday. Take care of yourself and keep in touch... Siddharth.

magdaki Lives Here!

magdaki

“once a year visit a place you've never been to before”

Badges & Stats in Thessaloniki

Have you been to Thessaloniki?