"The Kingdom of Bahrain" Bahrain by Rodan44
Bahrain Travel Guide: 761 reviews and 1,995 photos
I had never meant to spend any time in Bahrain. I was only connecting flights there on my way from Jordan to Singapore. But a delay in Jordan caused me to miss my connecting flight from Bahrain to Singapore. The airline put my wife and I up in Manama, the capital of Bahrain, for a day. So we made the best of a bad situation. We spent a day exploring this little Persian Gulf island kingdom and discovered that it has some of the most incredible shopping in the world.
Please visit the Bahrain page on my personal website to see many more high quality photos from this destination.
- Pros:incredible shopping, few tourists
- Cons:unbearably hot, expensive
- In a nutshell:A Jewel in the Persian Gulf
Bedouins are the traditional nomadic tribes of the Arab world, and they are famous for producing coloful and elaborate... more travel advice
When wandering around the narrow back alleys of the Manama Souq, follow your nose to the alley lined with spice shops.... more travel advice
Rodan44's Related Pages
Bahrain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Al Bahrain - the 2 oceans"
- "Bahrain, the two waters"
- "Bahrain.. An Easy Get Away From Saudi Arabia"
- "Middle East's little Island of Paradise"
- "Bahrain - The Two Seas"
- "Bahrain, The Pearl of the Arabian Gulf"
- "Living in Bahrain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bahrain
- Hotels in Bahrain
- Transportation in Bahrain
- Nightlife in Bahrain
- Restaurants in Bahrain
- Shopping in Bahrain
- Warnings and Dangers in Bahrain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bahrain
- 10 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bahrain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahrain
- updated a Bahrain Travel Page "The Kingdom of Bahrain"
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: Reasonable Hotel in Shinjuku"
- Wrote a Review Shops are closed Thursday afternoon and Friday about souq & shopping in Bahrain Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bedouin Crafts"
- Commented on one of kenyneo's Bahrain travel pages
Photos in BahrainSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 43 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Jordan Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos