"Dan Sai - Phi Ta Khon Festival" Dan Sai by Rodan44
Dan Sai Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 37 photos
The small town of Dan Sai in Loei Province, Northeastern Thailand hosts one of the most colorful and rowdy festivals you can possibly imagine, called Phi Ta Khon. Locals dress as ghosts with large handmade painted maskes and parade around town causing mischief. They carry large phalluses, symbolizing fertility, which they often poke onlookers with. Everyone gets quite drunk on the local rice whiskey, and the town becomes one giant party. Definitely an event not to be missed!
Please visit the Phi Ta Khon page on my personal website to see many more high quality photos from this festival.
- Pros:One of the craziest festivals you will ever see!
- Cons:Dan Sai is not that easy to get to.
- In a nutshell:Must be seen to be believed!
Rodan44's Related Pages
Dan Sai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "home of the Phi Ta Khon festival"
- "Phi Ta Khon Festival 2004, Dan Sai, Loei Province"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dan Sai
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Dan Sai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dan Sai
Photos in Dan SaiSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 43 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Jordan Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos