"Phi Phi Don, Post-Tsunami" Ko Phi Phi Don by Rodan44
Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide: 491 reviews and 1,370 photos
My wife and I made a daytrip from Phuket to Phi Phi islands on 6 March 2005, only a little over two months since the Dec 26 tsunami.
The above picture is the scene at Ton Sai Beach, the main resort and business area on Phi Phi Don. Most remaining buildings still showed significant damage, and rubble was still being hauled off the island on barges. There were really no tourists in sight on land, only in boats in the bay. It is apparent that Phi Phi Don will have a long and hard struggle to recover from such a horrible disaster.
Another scene of devastation on Ton Sai Beach.
Rodan44's Related Pages
Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Local are still struggling for their life"
- "Phi Phi Island - Hidden Jewel in the Andaman Sea"
- "Phi Phi Islands"
- "Beautiful Ko Phi Phi Islands"
- "Phi Phi & Khai Island"
- "An island paradise(lost?)"
- "Where Are You Going? To The Beach!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Transportation in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Nightlife in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Shopping in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Phi Phi Don
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Don
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Don?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Don
Photos in Ko Phi Phi DonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 43 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Jordan Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos