"Songkhla" Top 5 Page for this destination Songkhla by Rodan44

Songkhla Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 123 photos

Just one weekend after going to Phuket on the $1SGD Tiger Air promotion, my wife and I along with our friend Scott flew to Hat Yai on another $1 promotion. Rather than staying in the unattractive big city of Hat Yai, we instead opted to stay in the pictureque seaside town of Songkhla. Though still far off the average tourist's radar, Songkhla is quite a charming city, peaceful and laid back. It boasts a long stretch of beach along the Gulf of Thailand, and there are some great local seafood restaurants all along it. There are a few small attractions in town, but mostly we just spent our time wandering the beach and city streets. We also did a side trip to nearby Ko Yo island, which has a large folk museum and is famous for its cotton weaving. As throughout Southern Thailand, there is a large Muslim population in Songkhla.

Please visit the Songkhla page on my personal website to see many more high quality photos from this destination.

• Pros:peaceful, friendly, few tourists, inexpensive
  • Cons:not many attractions, little nightlife
  • In a nutshell:Discover this charming town before everyone else does
  • Last visit to Songkhla: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 23, 2004

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2005 at 8:18 PM

Great work Justin. I think you'd have to be about the only person on VT with a Songkhla page? I have been to Phattalong and Satun provinces with Thai friends, this time we'll probably get to Songkhla too.

Rodan44

“I'm just a rock n' roll Joe with tales of woe”

Badges & Stats in Songkhla

Have you been to Songkhla?

Latest Activity in Songkhla