"Songkhla" Top 5 Page for this destination Songkhla by Rodan44
Songkhla Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 123 photos
Just one weekend after going to Phuket on the $1SGD Tiger Air promotion, my wife and I along with our friend Scott flew to Hat Yai on another $1 promotion. Rather than staying in the unattractive big city of Hat Yai, we instead opted to stay in the pictureque seaside town of Songkhla. Though still far off the average tourist's radar, Songkhla is quite a charming city, peaceful and laid back. It boasts a long stretch of beach along the Gulf of Thailand, and there are some great local seafood restaurants all along it. There are a few small attractions in town, but mostly we just spent our time wandering the beach and city streets. We also did a side trip to nearby Ko Yo island, which has a large folk museum and is famous for its cotton weaving. As throughout Southern Thailand, there is a large Muslim population in Songkhla.
Please visit the Songkhla page on my personal website to see many more high quality photos from this destination.
- Pros:peaceful, friendly, few tourists, inexpensive
- Cons:not many attractions, little nightlife
- In a nutshell:Discover this charming town before everyone else does
Just a few meters away from the Mermaid statue on Samila Beach are the Cat and Rat statues. These statues represent the... more travel advice
Located atop a hill on the tiny island of Ko Yo in the Thale Sap (inland lake), the Institute for Southern Thai Studies... more travel advice
Rodan44's Related Pages
Songkhla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peaceful Songkhla"
- "Songkhkla Town - Modest Town"
- "One day trip to Songkhla"
- "On the East coast of Southern Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Songkhla
- Hotels in Songkhla
- Transportation in Songkhla
- Nightlife in Songkhla
- Restaurants in Songkhla
- Shopping in Songkhla
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Songkhla
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Songkhla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Songkhla
Photos in SongkhlaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 43 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Jordan Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos