"Sevilla Page" betis1's Profile

Sevilla

I first came to Sevilla in 1989 to visit my sister and returned again in 1992. I studied and lived here in 1993-94 and learned a lot from the student's point of view. I came back in 1996 and 1997, then twice in 2000 (each time for about a month). In 2003 I finally saved enough money to come here to live and see if I could make it. So far things are going well...oh, and that's not me in the profile picture.

So I thought I would use this space for now to post more of my pictures, as soon my photo album will be full. I've posted some tips and observations in the other sections. You can find a lot more, including 25 or so photo albums on my website: Exploreseville.com
It's just a hobby for now and please excuse any incomplete sections.

I live here in Seville almost full-time, but have to hop back over to the U.S. from time to time for work. I spend about 10 months of the year here in Seville, so this is my home!

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about Seville and parts of Andalucia I know - send me a message or post on the boards. I am on a lot during the day, either here or Lonely Planet Thorn Tree (still waiting for them to create a Spain forum!)

Plaza Espana at Night

Yes, it was in the last Star Wars movie, but more importantly was designed by Anibal Gonzalez for the 1929 World's Fair. Located in the Parque Maria Luisa, don't forget to see the outside from Avenida Portugal as well.

Alcazar Tile

There are hundreds of these with different scenes typical of Andalucia daily life back in the days. If you can't get to Granada to see the Alhambra at least see the Alcazar.

Cathedral view

There are some great photos to be taken from Arenal all the way to the river. If you find yourself in this "barrio" make your way to El Rincon Gallego - a great Galician bar with tapas typical of the region and great "sidra", or alcoholic cider.

Santa Catalina

I love our neighborhood - I live in Santa Catalina on Calle Bustos Tavera, just down the street from Plaza de los Terceros. Eat at La Huerta if you get a chance. Resonably priced tapas and some good vegetarian dishes. I couldn't be a vegetarian here, but sometimes finding good vegetables in tapas bars is a hard thing to do.

El Rinconcillo

A must if you are visiting - it's the oldest bar in Seville located in Plaza de los Terceros. Beer is 85 centimos and tapas are cheap, too. Espinacas, jamon serrano and croquetas are my favorites here.

Mmmm...beer

Cruzcampo will be your only choice in most bars, unless you are unfortunate enough to walk into the few which serve Mahou (blech!). It makes it easy enough - just order a cerveza as there's no choice. If I had to live with one beer for the rest of my days it would be Cruzcampo.

Parking is not a problem

I just had to include a picture of a Smart Car. I love these, although you couldn't fit much in them other than two people. As you can see by this one wedged into a corner, they make parking in a city with a BIG parking problem a lot easier. I want to bring one to the U.S. with me!

• Intro Updated Jul 20, 2003

• swedishanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2006 at 4:26 AM

Pues, menos la parte que te llamas betis1 (soy del Sevilla FC!).... am super jealous of you living in Sevilla! I'll have to come back and check your page out a bit more though when the photos work (don't know what's going on), but looks promising :)

• ezaguryk's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 5:24 AM

Excelente pagina tengo que visitar.......Feliz cumpleaños!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tengas un día increíble.....besos desde Venezuela

• barbara_hofilena's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2004 at 8:43 PM

happy birthday!!you have great pics of Seville...may you have lots of hugs on your special day!!!

• susieQ50's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2004 at 8:58 AM

Brilliant pages the pics make me feel I'm already there !!

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2003 at 1:05 PM

Preciosas fotos, Feliz a?o nuevo !!! y feliz cumpleaños!!!

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2003 at 9:39 AM

MUI GUAPA TU SEVILHA... ME GUSTA MAIS SEVILHA QUE BETIS...HE!HE!

• chirimoya's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2003 at 5:26 AM

Sevilla es una maravilla!! Hope my pic of the banos de Alcazares turns out as beautiful as yours! Great site of a really wonderful city!!!

• Jul 25, 2003 at 2:45 PM

Me encanta tu ciudad!

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2003 at 4:25 AM

You seem to love Sevilla as much as I love Munich!! Great! :)

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2003 at 7:04 AM

Sevilla is one of my favorite places in this great big world.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!