"Pennsylvania Dutch Country" Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster by Knight_Kadosh
Lancaster Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 343 photos
There's more than one century at play here. Explore our back roads and byways, farm lanes and riverbanks, and you'll find yourself enjoying a past that's still vibrantly present along with all the excitement of today's adventures and attractions. That's really the magical part. Enjoy the fun of two worlds in one. Lancaster County the Heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Faith in moral principles, in virtue, and the spirit of God, is as necessary for the guidance of a man, as instinct is for the guidance of an animal. PA Dutch Country.com
Amish County News
This was the main intersection in the heart of Lancaster County before time caught up to this region. The word intercourse was used instead of intersection; it was a place of interaction. You had to pass through here going to any major cities. Today it is full of locally owned shops displaying many locally made crafts of the Amish.
Shops of Kitchen Kettle Village
If the horse drawn buggy is black, it is Old Order Mennonite, if the buggy is grey, it is Amish. These groups are also known as conservative Anabaptists. The children speak Pennsylvania Dutch long before being taught the English language. When old enough, they are taught the English language in private creation based schools. Mennonite Information Center
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society
- Pros:Life moves at a slightly slower pace in this part of the world, graced by a beautiful landscape.
- Cons:The region is visited by over five million people each year.
- In a nutshell:History liked it so much here, it never left.
Lancaster County's biggest and best smorgasbord, the best tasting foods at the most reasonable prices, and the largest... more travel advice
A nice family oriented Lake with a beach (an imported sand shoreline). Lifeguards on duty and a roped in area for none... more travel advice
Knight_Kadosh's Related Pages
Lancaster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pennsylvania Dutch Country"
- "LANCASTER COUNTY"
- "Lancaster County"
- "Land Of The Amish"
- "Lancaster, Pennsylvania The Amish Country"
- "Ramblings of a Lancaster Native"
- "In the Amish country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lancaster
- Hotels in Lancaster
- Transportation in Lancaster
- Nightlife in Lancaster
- Restaurants in Lancaster
- Shopping in Lancaster
- Warnings and Dangers in Lancaster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lancaster
- 22 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lancaster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lancaster
Photos in LancasterSee All Photos (25)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- West Lancaster Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues