"Ronneby 1997-2002" Ronneby by Paragon42

Ronneby Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 1 photos

1997-1998

1997 I moved to Ronneby in the heart of the garden of Sweden (Blekinge). I studied software engineering between 1997 and 2001 and had a blast. I joined up as a rookie for the "sexmasteri" (an organisation within the student union that arranges parties throughout the year and organizes the arrival for the new students ("nollning"/initiations). There I had the exclusive title "Vodka-master" :-)

I also got tricked to join the Blekinge Karspex (the theater section) which I am still part of (in a distant way). I had a couple of lead roles, wrote one short play with a friend, had a lot of solo songs throughout the year and was even Lucia one year (that didn't go so well... but the audience had fun and so did we and that is important to me.)

1999-2001

In 1999 I joined the student union board and ended up in the research, faculty and hiring board at the university. I also became a supplemental member of the board of Studentbolaget. All this has been a very good learning experience for me and I hope I was able to contribute to improve my university.

I also got elected into Faust (a so called quasi-organisation) with members currently (2003) in Gothenburg, Boras, Stockholm, Halmstad, Karlskrona/Ronneby and Jonkoping). We are a couple of exiles around the world as well (Santa Fe, Los Angeles (thats me), Belgium and Germany). In this noble society I further developed my appreciation for the swedish beverage called Punsch (for example Carlshamn FlaggPunsch.)

• Pros:Small, lots of friends, Karen :-), nollning, Flumride, kebabpizza
  • Cons:Small, many friends have left, Karen was on fire. It is far away from me
  • In a nutshell:Nice place if you get to know some good people :-)
  • Last visit to Ronneby: Apr 2003
  • Intro Written Jun 27, 2003

Comments

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Ronneby

Have you been to Ronneby?

Latest Activity in Ronneby