"Mazatlan - Just after Y2K bug destroyed the world" Top 5 Page for this destination Mazatlán by Hermanater

Mazatlán Travel Guide: 473 reviews and 779 photos

First time to Mexico

We did not know what to expect. We hoped that it was going to be hot with sunny skies and clear water.
well.......

It was warm, sunny and murky water. While this was a bit disappointing, we had an excellent trip. Views like this were incredible

Another Hard Day at the Beach

How to afford a GREAT meal every night

I am an early riser while my wife is not. Every morning I would get up and go for a walk. My route took me past a bakery right at 7:00 when it just opened. A bagful of fresh hot pastry and I was on my way. The next stop was a grocery store and I would buy some juice and fruit. On to the hotel lobby for a couple cups of free coffee. By this time my wife would be getting mobile. A good cheap breakfast.

For lunch we would sit in a bar and when we ordered drinks, we were given nachos and salsa......This was our lunch...free....What ever we saved during the day, we spent on very fancy meals at night. It was great.

• Pros:Cheap, friendly people, very scenic
  • Cons:Not as warm as expected or water as clear as I hoped
  • In a nutshell:Taking the kids someday
  • Last visit to Mazatlán: Jan 2000
  • Intro Updated Dec 10, 2003

• Oct 29, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Thanks for posting all the views from the lighthouse, we are planning to hike up there next week.

• indramix's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 1:36 AM

Thanks for good wishes !Beautiful pitcures on your page :))))))))

• Aug 9, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Thanks for stopping at my cabo page... You Mazatlan's one is really really nice too!!! Hugs, Francesca

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Nice job on Mazatlan pages! Greetings from your western neighbor.

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2004 at 7:22 PM

Beautiful Basilica photo & the unusual stone church at Copala. Very enjoyable & informative info about Maz. I just returned from Yucatan & am eager to visit the Pacific Coast cities now. Thx for the virtual tour.

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 11:05 AM

Great page! And I love your motto... :)

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 1:00 PM

Enjoyed reading your pages. Very interesting. Maybe I can go there some day.

• Nov 25, 2003 at 8:16 PM

Excellant pages, fantastic albums and nice tips. Pages filled with relevant and useful information to a tourist. Many many happy returns of the day.Wishing you a happy birthday and all the best in future. Hope you had a nice party yesterday night.

• jenn_d's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2003 at 1:18 PM

With my luck I'd end up falling down those stairs...even without cocktails. Great page!

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2003 at 3:02 PM

Nice holiday. Next time, take us

Hermanater

“Can't sing, Can't dance, too fat to fly.......”

Badges & Stats in Mazatlán

Have you been to Mazatlán?

Latest Activity in Mazatlán