"A pleasant surprise" Mobile by Hermanater

Mobile Travel Guide: 284 reviews and 742 photos

We did not know where to go after the conference in Jackson. Afteer some research, we found out that BAYFEST was going to happen when we were in the area. That is the only reason we went to Mobile. Once in Mobile we found out that there was a lot to see in the area.

Went to the USS ALABAMA Memorial Park. It was so cool to see the equipment used all those years ago.

We spent one afternoon walking around the town waiting for Bayfest to start. This house we passed has some unique decorations on it. I first thought of the voodoo lady from Pirate of the Caribean when I passed the house.

The main reason for going to Mobile was Bayfest. It was so well organized. There was music for all people. Our main draw was Toby Keith.

• Pros:Nice people, lots to see.
  • Cons:Non that I can think of
  • In a nutshell:We will be back.
  • Last visit to Mobile: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Thanks for sharing this page and pics on this Memorial Park...I really enjoy these military Museums and this one looks awesome..USS Alabama one of many noteable fighting ships, and luckily ,some have been kept and restored.I surely would love to visit this Park.keep up the good work..

“Can't sing, Can't dance, too fat to fly.......”

Badges & Stats in Mobile