"Islamabad, the beautiful..." Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad by najamrulz
Islamabad Travel Guide: 421 reviews and 910 photos
I dedicate this page to all peace loving people around the world. I shall be adding many new tips and photos soon. Check them out and give me feedback.
Islamabad is one of most beautiful and peaceful cities of the world. Pakistan's Capital Islamabad nestles against the backdrop of the Margalla Hills at the northern end of Pothowar Plateau. It offers a healthy climate, pollution free atmosphere, plenty of water and lush green area. Islamabad has also been given the title of "City of Peace" because of its peaceful atmosphere.
It is a modern and carefully planned city with wide tree-lined streets, large houses, elegant public buildings and well-organised markets/shopping centres.There are no traffic jams. Roses, Jasmine and bougainvillea fill the parks and scenic viewpoints shoe the city to its best advantage.
Islamabad is 518 metres (1,700 feet appox) above sea level. It is best from October to March, when the days are crisp and cool, and the nights are cold. Spring is short, but the flowers in March are awesome. The hottest months are May and June, after the monsoon, but even then the climate is usually not oppressive, and you can always escape to the near by hill stations like Murree 2250 metres (7,382 feet appox) above sea level.
Pakistan's first Capital was Karachi but it was felt that a new Capital city be developed which reflect the cultures, traditions, hopes, aspirations and dreams of all diverse regional groups that consituted the Pakistani nation. So in 1958 a commission was constituted and it was assigned the task of selecting a suitable site for the National Capital with particular emphasis on its location, climate, logistic, defence requirements, aesthetic, scenic and natural beauty.
After the extensive research this commission recommended the area that was 14 km northeast of Rawalpindi. In 1960 a triangular master plan was designed based on a grid system, with its opex towards the Margalla Hills.
The city came into life on 26 October 1966, when the first office building of Islamabad was occupied. It is modern and carefully planned city. It was the result of dedication and hardwork of Pakistani engineers, technicians and workers which had turned Islamabad into the one of the most beautiful cities of the World. Islamabad is divided into eight basic zones Administrative, diplomatic enclave, residential areas, educational sectors, industrial sectors. commercial areas, rural and green areas. Each sector has its own shopping area and public park.
There are ample opportunities for walking, jogging, hiking and trekking around Islamabad in the Margalla Hills. Current population of Islamabad is 9,011,37 appox. It's altitude is 610 meter above sea level and average yearly humidity remains 55%. The average yearly rainfall 1143 millimeters. The annual average temperature remain from 28.9 C to 14.4 C.
Islamabad today is the heart and soul of Pakistan, a city which symbolizes the aspirations of a young and dynamic nation that looks forward to a glorious future for its people, a city which welcomes modern ideas but at the same time recognizes and cherishes its traditional values and its past history.
- Pros:Beautiful, peaceful & well planned
- Cons:Extreme weather & few social activities
- In a nutshell:Simply the beautiful...
Chevy's is an international Italian chain operating in Italy , Germany and now in Pakistan. They are in Islamabad too... more travel advice
If you live in Islamabad and have never tried Mama's ice cream then you are really missing some thing. This delicious... more travel advice
- See All Fly to Islamabad with Air Blue
- See All Camping at Rose & Jasmine Garden
- See All Hot Shots
- See All Bowling
- See All FM radios in Islamabad
- See All Decent Lodge Guest House
najamrulz's Related Pages
Islamabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Islamabad, the beautiful..."
- "Islamabad, the beautiful..."
- "Islamabad zindabad!!"
- " Lachydragon hits Islamabad! "
- "Islamabad - The Capital City"
- "The well connected city"
- "Islamabad The Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Islamabad
- Hotels in Islamabad
- Transportation in Islamabad
- Nightlife in Islamabad
- Restaurants in Islamabad
- Shopping in Islamabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Islamabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Islamabad
- 79 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Islamabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Islamabad
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: North Africa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mezzo Plus - Nouvelle Cuisine"
- updated a Islamabad Travel Page "Islamabad, the beautiful..."
- Commented on one of RFemme's Islamabad travel pages
- Wrote a Review Fly to Islamabad with Air Blue about By Air in Islamabad Transportation
Photos in IslamabadSee All Photos (83)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 71 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 79 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pakistan Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue