Pittsburgh Restaurant Tips by Parklife Top 5 Page for this destination
Pittsburgh Restaurants: 134 reviews and 184 photos
When you tire of eating Primanti Bros. (if that can happen) and you can only eat so many $5 pizzas at The "O", head to Bruschettas in Southside for a smaller, friendly meal for a couple of small group.
Often used as a romantic spot before a night on the town in Southside, Bruschettas has a small dining area tucked into a corner location with large windows. The food is always good, the prices moderate and the staff friendly and helpful.
Comparison: about average
The "O", as it's known, is one of the nations top hotdog eateries. While it may not be the quaintest spot in town, they serve the best hotdogs, the largest side of fries and the cheapest pizza.
Normally filled with Univ. of Pitt students trying to make their dollars stretch, it's a Pittsburgh icon and is a must visit eatery when in the university area.
Favorite Dish: Without a doubt, the Superdog. Their hotdogs are locally made using a secret recipe and you can order dogs with a variety of toppings.
Note that dogs and fries are ordered at seperate stations.
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (21)
- Catching a Stiller game from the bar
- Do not...
- See All Get Ducky!!!
- Station Square
- See All Bridge of Sighs
Parklife's Related Pages
Pittsburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PITTSBURGH--Cultural, Sports Crazy, Riverside City"
- "Welcome back, Sid."
- "Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania"
- "Beautiful and Historical Pittsburgh"
- "My "O"riginal home town..."
- "Welcome to the 'Burgh!"
- "Pittsburgh - the largest city of the Appalachia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pittsburgh
- Hotels in Pittsburgh
- Transportation in Pittsburgh
- Nightlife in Pittsburgh
- Restaurants in Pittsburgh
- Shopping in Pittsburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Pittsburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pittsburgh
- 23 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Pittsburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pittsburgh
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Re: First time for European?"
- Wrote a Review Catching a Stiller game from the bar in Pittsburgh Sports & Outdoors
- updated a Pittsburgh Travel Page "My "O"riginal home town..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Brief History of The 'Burgh"
- Commented on one of Nomad_2001's Pittsburgh travel pages
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 23 reviews, 5 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 3 photos
- Santa Cruz Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 photo
- Mount Washington- 10 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History- 15 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Duquesne Incline- 8 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Andy Warhol Museum- 14 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Kennywood Amusement Park- 8 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Cathedral of Learning- 6 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Strip District- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Carnegie Science Center- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Pittsburgh Plate Glass Place - PPG- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- PNC Park- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
See All Pittsburgh Things to Do