"My "O"riginal home town..." Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh by Parklife

Pittsburgh Travel Guide: 762 reviews and 1,858 photos

Grown up and moved on...

"If Pittsburgh were situated somewhere in the heart of Europe, tourists would eagerly journey hundreds of miles out of their way to visit it."
Brendan Gill, writer for The New Yorker

While it's not exactly a 'vacation' destination, it is a home-coming everytime I head back to the 'burgh. I grew up just north of Pittsburgh in an area called West View. I have fond memories of downtown, Clark bars, Southside bars and all the things that make a hometown special.

I moved away from the family in 1998 and have gone back to visit once or twice a year. I'm amazed at how things both change and stay the same.

• Last visit to Pittsburgh: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 25, 2003

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2006 at 2:29 AM

Kudos to you for great Pittsburgh photos and tips. I grew up close to here and love going back - the Mellon horseback riding Mecca (Ligonier) was the playground.

• Oct 25, 2005 at 3:44 PM

i can't think of any differences between pittsburgh and venice

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2003 at 8:00 PM

Excellent insider's view of "Da Burgh." Pounder did a demo the other night on how to speak Pittsburghese. When he said "Dahntahn" we practically spit up our dinner at Mel's. I guess I should visit there before chuckling at his local twang. ;-)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 9:51 AM

Great start!!! Welcome to VT and keep up the good work!

• ladyfisher's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2003 at 8:14 PM

I forgot about the O until I saw your page havn't been in years!

• Pounder73's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2003 at 10:56 PM

Last time I ate at the O... was the night my cousin and I set the Atic's bar on fire. But nice call on the Fat Heads... I get strange looks when i wear the T-shirt.

Parklife

“The world is a beautiful book, but of little use to him who cannot read it.”

Badges & Stats in Pittsburgh

Have you been to Pittsburgh?

Friends