"Belgrade, sweet Belgrade" Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade by Prasnjavi

Belgrade Travel Guide: 2,313 reviews and 4,761 photos

Did you know?

Did you know that somewhere in the Europe is a city which survived 5 wars in one, last, century: two Balkans Wars, two World Wars, and savage day-and-night bombing by NATO?
Did you know that somewhere in the Europe is a city which survived 10 years of brutal sanctions?
Did you know that somewhere in the Europe is a city which received a thousands refugees?
Did you know that somewhere in the Europe is a city where average month salary was 5 Euros 10 years ago?
Did you know that somewhere in the Europe is a city were a thousand of young people were day-and-night defied to bombs with a target on their shirts, hats and badges?
Did you know that somewhere in the Europe is a city which sportiest were forbidden to participate in Olympic games and European and World Championships?

Do you know that there is the city in the Europe where two big rivers meet each other?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe with white houses and small squares, parks and walking areas, old markets and brand new shopping centers?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe with old fortress almost in the heart of it?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe where a hundreds of young people were walking around on minus 20 degrease, protesting more than a hundred days?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe where Orthodox, Catholic and Islam religions meet each other and live together for centuries?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe where east meets west?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe which has more than a hundred theaters and cinemas?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe which lives 24 hours a day?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe where thousand and thousand people welcome back one of the best Basketball, Volleyball, Handball and Water polo teams in the World?
Do you know that there is the one of the oldest cities in the Europe with a history lasts for full 7,000 years?

Do you know that there is the city in the Europe where you will be welcome with traditional bread and salt?
Do you know that there is the city in the Europe where everybody is still smiling?

Welcome to BELGRADE, smile with us and feel the life as it is!

Map references

With maps I put in my travelogues I will try to make you visit to Belgrade easier. In every of my tips I will put the map reference so you can click on it, find it and organise you visit better. For the first moment, I will put just old part of Belgrade and later on I’ll try to make your visit to New Belgrade and Zemun easier and more interesting.
If I miss something, please forgive me because this job took me a lot of time and there are lots of thing in this city which must be seen.

Also, because of its beauty, I'll try to make
the separate page of Zemun, the very interesting part of Belgrade.

Enjoy.

• Pros:Everything
  • Cons:Nothing
  • In a nutshell:No. I'm biased. For me, Belgrade is the most beautiful city in the World. Come here and chek it out.
  • Intro Updated Apr 13, 2005

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM

E moj Prasnjavko, ne sluzi ti na cast proglasavati Gospic i Smiljan kao dio necega sto u Hrvatskoj nikada nije bilo niti ce ikada postojati. Necasno je takodjer obmanjivati one koji ce citati tvoje stranice, mani se svojatanja teritorija i ljudi u ime nekakve trule ideje koja se raspala prije nego li je i nastala. Tesla je rodjen u Hrvatskoj, odrastao je i skolovao se u njoj pa tome unatoc, ovdje nikome ne pada na pamet da ga svojata. Tesla je sam sebe najbolje definirao, uci od njega i postati ces bolji covjek. A jel' i Andric pravoslavac?

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Hey Alek, Useful cultural tips here :-) Will come in handy for my Sept visit.. Thanks

• seoulgirl's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Love this page, brought tears to my eyes. Awesome.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Wish I had more time now to read the lot and not only warnings and tourist traps.

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 3:01 AM

Prashnjavi, strane su ti super! Ko da sam u Beogradu. Pozdrav Valentina

• neodue's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2008 at 11:13 PM

I have never been in Beograd but after your tips I felt like I ve been there.Very good info.Hvala

• MeghanDV8s's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2008 at 1:25 PM

In regards to your tip on the "Tourist Guide Association of Serbia"... I think YOU should be the official Serbia tour guide! Thanks so much for all your helpful information!!

• Feb 9, 2008 at 3:22 AM

Hopefully all Serbs aren't backward bigots like you. Are there no gay people in Serbia then?

• smilanovic's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2007 at 6:29 AM

"Tri Sesira" is only a great dissapointment.The management is unpolite with bad manners. The walls are full of ugly bugs walking around. The meals are average but wines are very expensive. Avoiding this local is the best choise ever.

• Elena77's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2007 at 3:51 PM

Hello, I've been to Beograd twice but both times only for less than one day. I do feel like I have to return to see some of the places you've mentioned!

Prasnjavi Lives Here!

Prasnjavi

“Everything is nothing except the memories!”

Badges & Stats in Belgrade

Have you been to Belgrade?

Latest Activity in Belgrade