"Feel the Austro-Hungarian time" Palic by Prasnjavi
Palic Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 90 photos
A hundred years ago, Palic and the lake of the same name, were a fashionable summer resort. Today, Palic is accessible to all who pass through “Serbia’s Northern gate”, the nearby Horgos border-crossing. The town celebrates athlete Lajos Vermes , who 16 years before Pierre de Coubertin, railed at the Palic Lake hundreds of athletes and organized competitions in ten categories. A plaque and fountain commemorate this event.
Palic, its architecture in the style of Secession done in wood, has a number of comfortable hotels, a Turkish bath, a series of top quality restaurants, several beaches, including nudist, supermarkets, pharmacies, sports fields, walkways, wide grass-covered areas for entertainment and recreation, boats and ordinary tourist vessels, as the hosts at the Welcome Counter have thought of everything to carter for modern traveler’s needs. For the arriving tourists this is an overwhelming welcome image of Serbia, for the departing tourists – regret over the visit’s end.
In the May or September there are lot of excursions so it could be louder than in the rest part of the year. But, isn't... more travel advice
"Zenski Strand" (Ladies Bath) dated from the beginning of 20th century. It was custom to ladies be separated from the... more travel advice
Prasnjavi's Related Pages
Palic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Feel the Austro-Hungarian time"
- "Lake Palic ... perfect"
- "I Have Been Forced of Making This Page"
- "A very, very short trip"
- "A resort that's seen better days"
- "Palic by Chamsa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palic
- Hotels in Palic
- Transportation in Palic
- Nightlife in Palic
- Restaurants in Palic
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palic
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Palic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palic
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 322 reviews, 354 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 172 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 53 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mostar Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos
- Bijeljina Intro, 39 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Korcula Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- Europe Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sremski Karlovci Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jahorina Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue