"The biggest city of Flanders" Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp by benidormone

Antwerp Travel Guide: 2,884 reviews and 7,126 photos

My Hometown

Antwerp is the biggest city of Flanders it has about 460.000 inhabitants. It is a multi cultural city. All kinds of people live here. I like living here because I can be my own real personality. Alltough I was born in Schoten (about 8km from Antwerp) and lived there untill I was 22, it feels like I have allways been living in Antwerp. Above is a picture of the central station. A lot of construction work is going on. The Central train station is getting ready for the future. In 2006 there will be trains on three floors, on minus two the HST (high speed train) will go in a tunnel under the city. The tunnel is 1200 meters long. From Antwerp to Rotterdam will only take 50 minutes. Also a second Central station will be built.

Lazy in the sun

Here Dirk and I are enjoying the nice weather this summer.In Antwerp there are lots of places where you can drink or/and eat outside when the weather is nice.

Loosing weight

One of my biggest achievements in recent years was loosing weight.In October 2001 Dirk and I decided to go to weight watchers.On this picture I had reached my goal.In September 2002 I had lost 25kg.Dirk had lost 23kg.Now we are still doing fine.Thanks to Greta our leader we never gave up.

• Pros:Multi cultural city great place to visit and to live
  • In a nutshell:The city never sleeps
  • Intro Updated Apr 17, 2004

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Your wonderful home town was one of the highlights of our Europe trip!Lovely pics and tips!

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 9:10 PM

wonderful transport tips thanx

• alywang's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 8:48 PM

those historical buildings make me wanna travel in our country:)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 1:02 PM

Mmm, 2004 Rubens year, all those upcoming events in 2005. Perhaps and update? Apart from that, useful tips and thanks for sharing as I'm off to there next year. I have also just visited a town called Walhalla (in Australia)

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 2:38 AM

Enjoyed your page on Antwerp William! (And your other pages).Some day I hope to be at one of the VT meetings there, as I visit a few times a year. Happy travels!

• ducati's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 4:40 AM

This year, LAundry Day will no longer be in the Kammenstraat (last year there were so many visitors that the org decided to change location). 't Eilandje (Braziliestraat) on the 3th of september= the new venue) check their website for more info.

• Gitanes's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2005 at 3:17 AM

Benidormone, Irisbe was right your website about Antwerpen is veeeeeery useful; hopefully I´ll meet you all Antwerpen-gang (lol) when I move there to live. Best regards and congratulations form sunny spain!

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 3:26 AM

Great page on Antwerp William, you have some great pictures and very useful tips, thanks and well done! :)

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 1:11 PM

Loved your page William,the cathedral looks stunning and i wish we had a candy shop like that in Exeter.LOL.

• mplessers's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2004 at 2:37 AM

Goeiemorgen (als je al wakker bent). Het was een leuke meeting gisteren... tot een volgende meeting...

benidormone Lives Here!

benidormone

“Stay where its fun to live !!!”

Badges & Stats in Antwerp

Have you been to Antwerp?

Latest Activity in Antwerp