Cincinnati Transportation Tips by BeatChick Top 5 Page for this destination
Cincinnati Transportation: 20 reviews and 19 photos
I keep this phone # in my cell phone and call usually before I leave the house or on the way to work, the O'CONNOR ACCIANI and LEVY TRAFFIC HOTLINE:
From this phone number, you can get traffic feeds from 700 WLW Traffic Reports. Apparently, it's very popular because some busy mornings it takes 10 minutes before getting through.
Also, it appears the info changes every 15 minutes.
You'll generally find traffic heaviest on I-75, I-71 & I-275 from 7:30-9am & 4-6pm. I-75 & I-71 are the 2 major interstate highways cutting through Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky, while I-275 is the ring road that surrounds Cincinnati, cuts briefly into Indiana, and loops down into Kentucky providing access to the local airport in Covington (CVG).
Phone: (513) 749-ROAD
Type: Car/Motor Home
Megabus - Seats for as little as $1
Megabus is an ultra-budget way to travel; the first 10 seats go for $1. This last trip I paid $46 R/T from Cincinnati to St. Louis; cheaper than driving!!
I used Megabus early March to get from Cincy to Chicago. It was fine getting there; unfortunately, on the way back we were met with a heavy snowstorm (it may have even been classified as a blizzard). This was the maiden voyage for our driver from Chicago to Cincinnati (she'd driven other routes but not this one). She was a complete professional! We arrived late downtown Cincinnati but we arrived in one piece.
It was a pretty good experience overall. I met several different types of people on the bus, from college students to a corporate exec who lives in Cincinnati and works in Chicago (uses the inexpensive Megabus as transport to & fro). Very interesting people, overall, and conversations with them helped to pass the time.
The only thing I found a bit disturbing was the attitude of the Union Station in Chicago (see 2nd photo). Fortunately, I'm a rebel, said "posters be d****d" and camped out inside during the cold weather. :D
I also just came back froma trip to St. Louis where I took the Megabus from Cincy to Chicago, then from Chicago to St. Louis and back the same way (well, only backwards).
They have 3 areas they cover:
Midwest - Chicago is the hub center with destinations as far north as Minneapolis/St Paul, as far west as Kansas City, Mo, as far south as Memphis, TN, and as far east as Cleveland, OH
Northeast - NYC is the hub center for this region and goes as far north & east as Boston, as far west as Toronto, ON, as far south as Baltimore, MD
West Coast - the hub center here seems to be LA and goes as far east as Vegas, as far north as Oakland (where I hail from), and as far south as San Diego/San Ysidro
The only problem with Megabus is that none of these regions intersect. For instance you can go as far north & east in the midwest to Cleveland but you won't be able to go from there to the North East to get to say, NYC.
The great thing is that they run from downtown to downtown (i.e. 4th & Race, Cincy, Union Station in both Chicago & St. Louis).
Although the seats themselves aren't that comfortable, I find that if you take the night run there are so few people you catch lay down on one seat and stretch your legs out to the one across the aisle!
Photos: May 14, 2008
Other Contact: 877-462-6342
More Reviews (133)
- See All I'd Rather just Make a Burger at Home!
- See All AVOID AVOID AVOID
- See All Lytle Park
- Historic Hotel in Clifton
- See All Lush at Macy's!
BeatChick's Related Pages
Cincinnati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seven Hills of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati, Ohio: The Queen City"
- "A Taste Of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati Ohio."
- "Low place like home, Cincinnati, Ohio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cincinnati
- Hotels in Cincinnati
- Transportation in Cincinnati
- Nightlife in Cincinnati
- Restaurants in Cincinnati
- Shopping in Cincinnati
- Warnings and Dangers in Cincinnati
- See All...
Explore the World
- Prince George Hotels
- Burleigh Heads Hotels
- Treasure Island
- Baler Hotels
- Burr Oak State Park Hotels
- Santa Monica Transportation
- Fremantle Transportation
- Galle Transportation
- Kusadasi Transportation
- Moorea Transportation
- Chiba-ken Transportation
- Eger Transportation
- Bocas del Toro Transportation
- Norwich Transportation
- Songkhla Transportation
- Province of Bataan Transportation
- Pitlochry Transportation
Badges & Stats in Cincinnati
- 135 Reviews
- 512 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 69 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cincinnati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cincinnati
- Wrote a Review I'd Rather just Make a Burger at Home! in Cincinnati Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Port-Royal Hotel, Paris"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Parisian Pastries!!"
- Uploaded a Video to Cincinnati
- Commented on one of Darkeyedgirl's Cincinnati travel pages
- updated a Cincinnati Travelogue "Springtime at the Cincinnati Zoo - IV"
Photos in CincinnatiSee All Photos (512)
Videos in CincinnatiSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 377 reviews, 1289 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 135 reviews, 589 photos, 8 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 65 reviews, 290 photos, 6 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos
- Illinois Intro, 80 photos, 10 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Chartres Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martin Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (85)
Latest Cincinnati hotel reviews
- Garfield Suites Hotel
- 544 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Sheraton Cincinnati North
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
- 630 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- LivInn Suites Sharonville
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Cincinnatian Hotel
- 310 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Comfort Suites Fairfield / Forest Park
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Doubletree Guest Suites Cincinnati / Sharonville
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Six Acres Bed & Breakfast
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2012
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
- 401 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Homestead Studio Suites Cincinnati - Blue Ash
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Country Inn & Suites Cincinnati North
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Central - Norwood
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2012
- Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Millennium Hotel Cincinnati
- 568 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Roebling Suspension Bridge- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Fountain Square- 9 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Serpentine Wall- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Eden Park- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Newport Aquarium- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Purple People Bridge- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens- 12 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Mount Adams- 4 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Carew Tower- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Great American Ball Park- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
See All Cincinnati Things to Do