"ZINZINNATI!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati by BeatChick
Cincinnati Travel Guide: 621 reviews and 1,460 photos
Hi! I've been updating my tips with new photos from my digital Olympus C-5500 Sports Zoom. Hopefully, these new photos will be MUCH better than the last ones.
Inside my Cincinnati tips you'll find a plethora of cool, interesting things to do, see and eat. I hope to act as ambassador for my adopted hometown and to give you a wonderful overview of the city. You'll find some info on the Oktoberfest & Blues fest and a bit about the different "Tastes of..." sprinkled throughout the city.
Ciao, and to you all Cincinnatians out there - I'M READY FOR AUTUMN NOW!! Soon I'll be rolling out some lovely new Fall photos to highlight the glory of this fair city! :D
The Best Cincinnati Websites:
PLEASE CHECK OUT STEPHEN-KAREN CONN'S wonderful, excellent Cincinnati pages - I deem them to be the best! You'll also want to check out their Sharonville pages which showcase their hometown to its best advantage! Really, you should check out ALL their pages. It seems they've been EVERYWHERE - travelers in the truest sense. And they are some the nicest, most genuine people!
Bootsy Collins (grandmaster of FUNK, Baby!)
Doris Day (famous 1950s & 60s singer/movie actress; she got her start on WLW's radio station as a singer)
Carmen Electra (AKA Tara Leigh Patrick, she made her start as a dancer in Prince's entourage - he gave her the moniker - she's died off in the opening scene to Scary Movie and is most famously been married to Dennis Rodman & now to ex-Jane's Addiction & ex-Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist/current mentor on "Rock Star:INXS" Dave Navarro. Carmen/Tara's mother lived next door to one of my old bosses & he had the chance to meet her.
The Isley Bros. - Rudolph, Ronald & Ernie (they were one of the BEST songwriting teams in the history of R&B which may explain why James Brown, Godfather of Soul, has recorded a few albums in our town - they were elected to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1992)
Barry Larkin (famous Cincinnati Reds shortstop, he was named the National League's MVP - Most Valuable Player - in 1995 for his .319 batting avg)
Charles Manson (yes, THE Charles Manson, head of the Manson Family - he actually grew up in Ashland, KY & went to school with my mother-in-law; she claims he was a weird kid back then, too, and said she & a group of others used to taunt him on their way home from school. I've often wondered if she helped drive him crazy - YIKES!)
Roy Rogers (the singing cowboy!)
Steven Spielberg (UBER-famous director)
Jerry Springer (my friend's husband, Jay Gilbert, is not only one of the BEST & FUNNIEST DJs for WEBN, he also provides comedy material for Springer on Air America. Some of you may not know, but Jerry Springer was once mayor of Cincinnati; he made his big splash in the news over his dealings with a Columbus prostitute to whom he had apparently written a bad check - that check bounced & the rest is history!) (thanks to my friend for the corrections!)
Roger Staubach (famous football player)
William Howard Taft (president of the U.S. March 4, 1909 - March 4, 1913)
Ted Turner (owner/founder of TNT, CNN, WTBS; married to Jane Fonda)
George Clooney was born in Lexington, KY, a mere 1.5 hour drive south on I-75 but he did grow up here. His father, Nick Clooney, was a famous newscaster in Cincy & his aunt, Rosemary Clooney, the famous singer, got her start at Cincy's historic WLW radio station. Did you know he also tried out for our Cincinnati Reds baseball team? Unfortunately, he didn't make the cut. Or maybe it WAS fortunate, as he is a huge star now!
Peter Frampton isn't originally from Cincinnati (he was born in Kent, England) but he makes his home in the tr?s ritzy Indian Hill suburbs where he keeps a recording studio.
Nick Lachey (born in Harlan, KY, but grew up in Cincy, Nick is famous for his stint in boy band, 98 Degrees; he's also married to (& divorcing) Jessica Simpson - he's an alumnus of Cincinnati's famous SCPA - School for Creative & Performing Arts; he is best friends with my friend, Susan Kunkel's, 2 kids, with whom he went to high school)
Sarah Jessica Parker (although born in Nelsonville, OH, Sarah is another alumnus of SCPA - she's most famous for her role as the Carrie Bradshaw in Sex & the City)
- Pros:Interesting pockets of coolness throughout the city!
- In a nutshell:Where I work. :)
This is a divey, hole-in-the-wall kinda joint. Real skankariffic, if you know what I mean. The upstairs area was fine... more travel advice
My friend Carla's been telling me that her best dining experience in Cincinnati for a great price, where you feel you're... more travel advice
- See All Megabus
- See All Lytle Park
- Historic Hotel in Clifton
- See All Lush at Macy's!
BeatChick's Related Pages
Cincinnati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seven Hills of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati, Ohio: The Queen City"
- "A Taste Of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati Ohio."
- "Low place like home, Cincinnati, Ohio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cincinnati
- Hotels in Cincinnati
- Transportation in Cincinnati
- Nightlife in Cincinnati
- Restaurants in Cincinnati
- Shopping in Cincinnati
- Warnings and Dangers in Cincinnati
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cincinnati
- 135 Reviews
- 512 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 69 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cincinnati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cincinnati
- Wrote a Review I'd Rather just Make a Burger at Home! in Cincinnati Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Port-Royal Hotel, Paris"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Parisian Pastries!!"
- Uploaded a Video to Cincinnati
- Commented on one of Darkeyedgirl's Cincinnati travel pages
- updated a Cincinnati Travelogue "Springtime at the Cincinnati Zoo - IV"
Photos in CincinnatiSee All Photos (512)
Videos in CincinnatiSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 377 reviews, 1289 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 135 reviews, 589 photos, 8 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 65 reviews, 290 photos, 6 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos
- Illinois Intro, 80 photos, 10 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Chartres Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martin Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (84)
Latest Cincinnati hotel reviews
- Sheraton Cincinnati North
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Garfield Suites Hotel
- 620 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Country Inn & Suites Cincinnati North
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
- 481 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Motel 6 Cincinnati - Beechmont
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Clarion Inn & Suites
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Comfort Suites Fairfield / Forest Park
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- LivInn Suites Sharonville
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
- 866 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Cincinnatian Hotel
- 392 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Homestead Studio Suites Cincinnati - Blue Ash
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Lexington Hotel of Cincinnati/Tri-County
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Millennium Hotel Cincinnati
- 717 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013