Paris Warnings Or Dangers Tips by BeatChick Top 5 Page for this destination
Paris Warnings and Dangers: 823 reviews and 482 photos
Tomato, Gruyere & Potatoes galette - Nectarine
Always opt for freshly-made crêpes; eschew the vendor that has a stack of pre-made crêpes. You'll thank me later! Buying from a street crêpe vendor is an economical way to eat in Paris (generally less than 3€) - as a snack or a light lunch/dinner.
Only in Paris would you have something as GOURMET as a crêpe for a street food item & they come in a huge variety of flavors. My personal faves are Nutella, ham & cheese, & citron sucré (fresh crêpes with butter & sugar & freshly-squeezed lemon juice - mmm).
There are 2 types of crepes: sweet crepes (crepes) or salé (savory crepes or galettes which are made from buckwheat flour).
Here's a short list of FLAVORS you'll come across:
à la Crème de Marrons - Chestnut cream
à l'Oeuf - with egg
Banane - banana
Beurre et Sucre - butter & sugar
Canelle et Sucré - cinnamon & sugar
Chantilly cream - whipped cream
Chocolat - chocolate
Citron Sucré - fresh lemon juice & sugar
Crêpe au fromage et ouef - with cheese & egg
Fraise - strawberry
Fromage - cheese
Grand Marnier - orange liqueur
Jambon - ham
Jambon et Fromage - ham & cheese
Nutella - heavenly Hazelnut & chocolate spread
Photos: Feb 2006
Place Sartre & de Beauvoir - St-Germain-des-Pres
Always opt for freshly-made crêpes; eschew the vendor that has a stack of pre-made crêpes! Buying from a crêpe vendor is an economical way to eat in Paris (generally less than 3€). Only here would you have something as GOURMET as this for a street food & in a huge variety of flavors. Please note that the stand on rue Cler runs 'til late at night (11pm or so).
My personal faves are Nutella, ham & cheese (like a small meal) & citron sucré (fresh crêpes with butter & sugar & freshly-squeezed lemon juice - mmm). My favorite crêpe stands are bolded in the following list:
-Pl de la Concorde
-Jardin des Tuileries right hand side walking from Louvre
-Quai de la Mégisserie (across from Conciergerie)
-Outside Samaritaine dept store
-Rue du Cloîre-Nôtre-Dame (corner of parvis & street)
-Rue du Cloître-Nôtre-Dame (further down street)
-Le Sarrasin et le Froment Crêperie, 84-86 rue St-Louis-en-I'Île
-crêperies on Île St-Louis
-Rue de Rosiers
-Outside Centre Pompidou
-Crêperie du Cluny, 20 r. de la Harpe
-Left side above Pl de la Contrescarpe (9 rue Mouffetard)
-Crêperie des Arts, 27 rue St-André-des-Arts
-Gelateria Marie - 35 rue St-André-des-Arts
-Crêperie des Etoiles, 13 rue Princesse
-North end of Luxembourg Gardens, Bd St. Michel or rue de Medicis
-Front of St-Germain-des-Prés church
-Stand next Café du Marché rue Cler & rue du Champ de Mars
-Base of Eiffel Tower
-Rue Roquepine near Place de Madeleine
-2 blocks from Folies Bergere-Pigalle
-NE corner Bd Hausmann & rue du Faubourg-Montmartre
-LE TERMINUS NORD across street from Gare du Nord
-Gare Montparnasse, r. Montparnasse, r. d'Odessa
-Crêperie de Josselin, 167 r du Montparnasse
-Across from Motte-Piquet Métro station
-Across street on corner from Sacré-Cœur funiculaire
Le Menu Air France
Be prepared - you might actually LIKE the food proffered by the airline (but maybe it's Air France who does such a great job).
My 2nd trip to Paris, I tried to order the fruit plate for our international flight to Paris but was informed that Air France doesn't do that. Good thing because the food was EXCELLENT (for airline food). We started with a chicken caesar salad followed by an entree of Beef Burgundy and steamed veggies. I think dessert was Black Forest cake or some version thereof? I was impressed. I accidentally ate a button mushroom from the Boeuf Bourguignon thinking it was beef, it even tasted a bit like beef and I like it, which is odd since I HATE mushrooms. :)
Photos: Feb 2006 & August 2005
My lipprints are the red ones near indent of the R
Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde
Our dear Oscar was born October 16, 1854 and died November 30, 1900 almost at the very close of the 19th century.
His grand wit, his style, his passion, his truth inspire in us a great love of Oscar. In my naïveté, I kissed his grave in imitation of all the other kiss marks found there. Little did I know at the time that the oils in the lipstick cause the marks to remain & harm the stone. His grandson, at great expense, pays for the upkeep of the grave & for the cleaning of the Jacob Epstein monument.
So I beg you to please not continue the sacrilege & deterioration of the grave with kisses. I wish now I'd never done it.
Some fave Wilde quotes:
I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. (in conversation)
...the great superiority of France over England is that in France every bourgeois wants to be an artist, whereas in England every artist wants to be a bourgeois. (in conversation)
The world is a stage but the play is badly cast. (Lord Arthur Savile's Crimes)
Turn your back to that-you have all Paris before you. Look at it-Paris vanishes. (on the Eiffel Tower)
I have nothing to declare but my genius! (his customs declaration upon entering the U.S.)
If this is how her Majesty treats her subjects then she shouldn't have any. (said during his incarceration at Reading Gaol)
I am dying beyond my means. (said of the Hôtel du Quai Voltaire, the hotel he stayed at before he moved to the Alsace)
Either that wallpaper goes or I do. (and then he promptly expired - said of his room in the Hôtel Alsace now known as the popular L'Hôtel which has greatly improved its décor)
You may read about my pilgrimage to Oscar Wilde's final resting abode HERE.
Phone: 01 55 25 82 10
Pigeons near St-Julien-le-Pauvre
Well, there aren't too many things I hate about Paris but here's two:
UGGHHH! The rotten egg smell on the Métro in Paris and the rotten meat smell wafting down one of the side streets (coming from a bûcherie, I'm sure) near the Hôtel les Invalides area.
But that's it!
More Reviews (372)
- See All Musée de l'Orangerie - Nymphéas (Water...
- See All People Watching while Dining at the...
- See All Interactive Maps for Paris
- See All Hotels in Montmartre near Metro Stations
- See All Chromatic Bis
- See All Philippe-Auguste Wall (l'Enceinte): Part...
- See All Leaving Lost Belongings in an Obvious...
- See All Saving Money with Movie Passes
- See All Anthony Bourdain's Absinthe Bar!
- See All Gold Ring Scam
- See All Joggers in Paris
- See All Leather Boots of all Persuasions
BeatChick's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
- General Safety
- Jaipur Warnings and Dangers
- Timisoara Warnings and Dangers
- Miami Warnings and Dangers
- Houston Warnings and Dangers
- Antalya Warnings and Dangers
- Sicilia Warnings and Dangers
- Indianapolis Warnings and Dangers
- Slovenia Warnings and Dangers
- Hammamet Warnings and Dangers
- British Virgin Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Iceland Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 377 Reviews
- 1,171 Photos
- 259 Forum posts
- 184 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Uploaded a Photo to "Paris GTG - Le Train Bleu - Sat. Feb 18th"
- Commented on one of Elisabcn's Paris travel pages
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Port-Royal Hotel, Paris"
- created a Paris Travelogue "Musée de l'Orangerie - Monet's Nymphéas - Part II"
- Wrote a Review Musée de l'Orangerie - Nymphéas (Water Lilies) about Orangerie in Paris Things to Do
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (1171)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 377 reviews, 1289 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 135 reviews, 589 photos, 8 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 65 reviews, 290 photos, 6 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos
- Illinois Intro, 80 photos, 10 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Chartres Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martin Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (84)
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Garden Court Paris-Porte De Saint Ouen Hotel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Citea La Defense Leonard Da Vinci
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Hotel Des Capucines
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Pierre & Vacances Bercy Residence Paris
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- K+K Hotel Cayre
- 940 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Phenix Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Hotel Palma Paris
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Alfa Hotel Nation
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013
- Jardin De L Odeon
- 727 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Disney's Newport Bay Club - Parks tickets included
- 1337 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Hotel Paris Rivoli
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Hotel Aquarelle
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Le Home Latin
- 192 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Victoria Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Hotel des Grandes Ecoles
- 435 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 578 Reviews, 1022 Photos
- Eiffel Tower- 812 Reviews, 1417 Photos
- Louvre- 780 Reviews, 1536 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 639 Reviews, 1292 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 432 Reviews, 741 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 268 Reviews, 537 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 81 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Champs Elysées- 174 Reviews, 287 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 144 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Disneyland Paris- 110 Reviews, 163 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do