"Golden Prague" Prague by Jarin
Prague Travel Guide: 11,874 reviews and 24,810 photos
Visited, my wife, son and I, this city many times, last time it was beginning August 2002 just before the flood. We had very nice weather and enjoyed the stay very much as visited so many interesting places, which we had not seen for years. Many of them are nicely restored. There are many restaurants with possibilities to sit outside. It is pleasure to be there and to enjoy the hospitality of the Czech people.
I lived there as a child for nearly 3 years, but it was under the old regime. Now it is completely different. Hoping when you will visit Prague you will have also so much positive experience as we had.
Parchment reads: In the 9th century prince Borivoj built the Prague Castle on one of the seven hills.
Through the centuries Prague is grown to a city of 500 km2 with more than 1,2 million inhabitants.
In Prague you encounter practically all architectural styles. Starting with the Romanesque style (9-13th century), Gothic style (13-16th century), Renaissance style (16-17th century), Baroque style (17-18th century), Rococo style (18th century), Classicism and Empire Style (end 18th century), Art-Nouveau style (abt. 1890-1920) and also modern styles s.a. Cubism style.
So pull on your comfortable shoes and go in the streets to see all the centuries passing by.
It's a modern, air-conditioned, 24 storeys hotel with all facilities a 5 star hotel should have. The service is perfect,... more travel advice
This library hall is completed in 1679 and you can find it in the Museum of Czech Literature, which is a part of the... more travel advice
Jarin's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "prague czech republic"
- "Prague-One of Europe's Best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 27 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 85 reviews, 113 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kandy Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Colombo Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Blansko Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Czech Republic Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Cieszyn Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Giverny Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos