"Wilayah Persekutuan PutraJaya" Wilayah Persekutuan by ishi01
Wilayah Persekutuan Travel Guide: 6,168 reviews and 14,010 photos
Frankly, I could not find location 'Putrajaya' on VT - perhaps because this is a newly created place. 6 years ago or so, this land area would probably be called Dengkil or Salak Tinggi..or something like that...Then THEY decided that the country needed a new city aside from KL - plus, the construction industry needed a boost. And no commercial company would set up shop in the middle of nowhere - so they had to create a place where people would HAVE to go.. a place you have to go if you want to do business, though not necessarily do business there..but you need to go there for your licenses, government contracts and the likes.
And So, Putrajaya became the new seat for the Malaysian government. They built beautiful buildings and housed government offices there. One has NO choice but travel 60km south from KL to get ones licenses and such from the government just to do business. And they also built apartments and houses to house the officers manning these government offices.
The fabulous buildings and the well planned town is not enough apparently. SO they built bridges..really big and beautiful bridges...and added on the river later....
I frequently go to Putrajaya when there is business to be done with the government - and its OH so far away.... Initially it was just a place i could get my letter of award stamped and the likes. Then I became a tourist to Putrajaya. One day was just too rushed. The planners have created and developed various places worth visiting to attract visitors to Putrajaya. ANd although it is still work in progress, I have a feeling one day tourists, locals and foreign alike would be making a beeline for this beautiful place.
This could be accelerated if they have cheap public transportation to go to Putrajaya.
The botanical garden is located within Putrajaya and is home to many flora species of the country.
Just a little outside Putrajaya is the Wetlands.
- Pros:Beautiful Architecture
- Cons:Not too easily accessible from KL
- In a nutshell:A full day trip
There is no crazy parties in Putrajaya..at least not yet..or..not that i know of. But the walks around the lakes are... more travel advice
Just 5 minutes from the PM residence is 'The Lanai' which is a combi of coffee place, interior deco, florist,... more travel advice
ishi01's Related Pages
Wilayah Persekutuan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Wilayah Persekutuan
- Hotels in Wilayah Persekutuan
- Transportation in Wilayah Persekutuan
- Nightlife in Wilayah Persekutuan
- Restaurants in Wilayah Persekutuan
- Shopping in Wilayah Persekutuan
- Warnings and Dangers in Wilayah Persekutuan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilayah Persekutuan
- 32 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Wilayah Persekutuan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilayah Persekutuan
Photos in Wilayah PersekutuanSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Sukhothai Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wilayah Persekutuan Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Negeri Selangor Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Rumah Mulu Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kampong Kemaman Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue