"Welcome To Kemaman" Kampong Kemaman by ishi01
Kampong Kemaman Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 36 photos
Heres and Update - VT should not categorise Kemaman as Kampong Kemaman anymore - they are now a town - they have a town council too - must be due to assessments from the oil business.
Why would anyone want to go to Kemaman? No reason, unless you work with in the oil industry in Malaysia. Kemaman is where the west malaysian supply base is located - Kemaman Supply base (KSB). For the uninitiated, thats where we keep our equipment, bolt, nuts, screws, lube and repair and maintenance work which enables us to go out to sea and drill and dig till black gold spurts out from deep within the ocean.
Kemaman is also in very close proximity with Kertih , thats where the oil offices are and Gebeng , thats the place they process and do things to them hydrocarbon till you get stuff like ethylene, propylene and butadiene so that you could make things out of them.
Not bad for a small town eh?
Aside from dying a slow lonely death at night, you also cant get sustenance on fridays as the food stalls are all closed to observe the friday prayers...and this includes the chinese shops as well. So be prepared to drive to Cherating for you dietary requirements.
The plus..the food when its available is cheap...inspite of the oilmen...
For those who are interested, its only fair for me to mention that the Kemaman Port is also situated nearby, so if you have it in you to go hijack an oil tanker..you've got the right place.
My favourite part of working in Kemaman is driving to cukai and Kemaman town. For the food of course. The kedai Kopi HaiPeng is a must. The best things there are the toast and kaya (coconut based bread spread) and local coffee - nuff said, i am salivating already.
In Cukai dont forget to savour the stuffed crab at Restaurant Tong Juan...
- Pros:Small and Quiet
- Cons:Small and Quiet
- In a nutshell:Laid Back
There is not many places to stay when you are in Kampung Kemaman, aside from wooden kampung houses, so, the alternative... more travel advice
ishi01's Related Pages
Kampong Kemaman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kemaman / Chukai"
- "Welcome To Kemaman"
- "Only A Eating Trip"
- "From Kuantan to Kuala Terengganu"
- "Port of Last Resort?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kampong Kemaman
- Hotels in Kampong Kemaman
- Restaurants in Kampong Kemaman
- Shopping in Kampong Kemaman
- Warnings and Dangers in Kampong Kemaman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Kemaman
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kampong Kemaman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Kemaman
Top 10 Pages
- Sukhothai Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wilayah Persekutuan Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Negeri Selangor Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Rumah Mulu Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kampong Kemaman Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue