"Tioman My Second Home" Pulau Tioman by ishi01
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide: 439 reviews and 1,039 photos
Back in my diving heydays, I used to call Tioman,my home away from home. I knew every single nook and corner. However, Tekek, which is like the 'capital' of Tioman has a specially place in my heart. This is where I stay, live, play. I suppose Tekek is the biggest village around. This is where the airport, marine park, Berjaya hotels are located. Also the only village where you can drive around in a van - actually just one road. One that leads to Berjaya Hotel from the airport. No prizes for guessing who built it.
There are many village homes and chalets for rent in Tekek. My place was in Baburra. This is where i find my home cook meals away from home, place i hang out and prepare for my dives.
By the way, I always dive with Reeno Chew of Tioman Reef Divers. Hes a great guy with sun bleached long hair.
Its been a while since i last went back to my second home, and i think i hear it calling me now.
From KL, you can take a bus to Mersing, hop on to the ferry at the Jetty and straight to Tioman. Alternatively you can take the ferry from Tanjung Gemuk about half hour away in the state of Pahang.
Or you can take a ferry from Singapore.
Or like some SIngaporeans, take a Seadoo all the way from home..Seadoos are by the way an irritant to such a beautiful island.
- Pros:Great Diving
- Cons:Closed for 3- 4 months during the monsson season
- In a nutshell:Great place to call my second home
HIghly recommended activity- diving. If you cant dive, you can take a crash course in diving. EVERYTHING can be rented... more travel advice
Theres a sea bus that comes around every one hour and stops at every jetty around the island. Bicycles are available in... more travel advice
ishi01's Related Pages
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest paradise from Singapore - Tioman Island"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU TIOMAN"
- "Pulau Tioman"
- "Pulau Tioman - A Rustic Paradise"
- "PULAU TIOMAN"
- "The resting place for Dragon!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Tioman
- Hotels in Pulau Tioman
- Transportation in Pulau Tioman
- Nightlife in Pulau Tioman
- Restaurants in Pulau Tioman
- Shopping in Pulau Tioman
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Tioman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tioman
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pulau Tioman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tioman
Top 10 Pages
- Sukhothai Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wilayah Persekutuan Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Negeri Selangor Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Rumah Mulu Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kampong Kemaman Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Pulau Tioman hotel reviews
- Paya Beach Resort
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Salang Pusaka Resort
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Bagus Place Retreat
- 160 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- JapaMala Resort
- 202 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Bamboo Hill Chalets
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Panuba Inn Resort
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Tioman Paya Resort
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Salang Indah Resort
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Minang Cove Resort
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Salang Sayang Resort
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013