"The Lure of Seafood.." Kukup by ishi01
Kukup Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 339 photos
I was told that the lure of Kukup is the seafood, especially for Singaporeans.
Granted, with the exchange rate and food is actually really cheaper than Johor Bahru or SIngapore, it is no wonder why Kukup is filled to the brim with tourist during lunch time on weekends and holidays.
Aside from the restaurants, Kukup is really a very very small place, with only a row of wooden shops and a jetty.
I would say, the real lure for me is the journey to Kukup, going through the malay villages and the towns of Pontian Besar and Pontian Kecil. There are many pineapple farms along the way and if you are lucky and you might get to savour some of those sweet prickley fruit for during your journey.
On the way to Kukup you will pass by the Pontian Besar and pontian kecil. These are places for pineapple farm. Stop by a stall and treat yourself to a slice of sweet pineapple.
- Pros:Cheap Food
- Cons:Not Much else except eat and boat ride
- In a nutshell:Enjoy the journey and not only the destination
If your arrive in Kukup a wee bit early and not ready for lunch yet, take a boat ride to the Kelong- where they breed... more travel advice
ishi01's Related Pages
Kukup Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Fishing Village on Stilts"
- "Kukup - Small town by the sea with good seafood"
- "Kukup or Kukup Laut"
- "K U K U P - fishing community"
- "Nice Little Town Called Kukup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kukup
- Hotels in Kukup
- Transportation in Kukup
- Nightlife in Kukup
- Restaurants in Kukup
- Shopping in Kukup
- Warnings and Dangers in Kukup
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kukup
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kukup?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kukup
Top 10 Pages
- Sukhothai Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wilayah Persekutuan Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Negeri Selangor Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Rumah Mulu Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kampong Kemaman Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue