"Oldest in the world?" Xaghra by LotusV8
Xaghra Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 20 photos
This stones are the main reason to visit Xaghra, this old Tempel was built in something like 5600 years ago. The creative ability, technical organization, and mobilisation of manpower needed for the planning and erection of these great temples imply that their builders were specialised architects and mastercraftsmen thoroughly familiar with the potential of their raw materials and the skills required in the transportation, dressing and manoeuvring of the huge limestone slabs into position. The monumental structures they bequeathed to the cultural heritage of mankind are extraordinary engineering feats and conceptions of architectural forms, which, in their awe-inspiring grandeur, achieve a rational, balanced and powerful solidity both in plan and elevation.
This is a must see activity.
The mill, still in working order, has been fully restored and houses a collection of agricultural and domestic artefacts from centuries past. It was quite nice to look at all the things the Maltese people used for that time era, its well organized and we are happy that we didnt move on to next spot on these lovley islands
LotusV8's Related Pages
Xaghra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "XAGHRA - GOZO"
- "For the temple complex....."
- "Ggantija Megalitic Temples"
- "Oldest in the world?"
- "Xaghra, MT"
- "Xaghra and Ggantija Temples"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xaghra
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Xaghra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xaghra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 30 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Battambang Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rodrigues Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Ko Racha Yai Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Side Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue