"Sweet as Honey" Rodrigues by LotusV8
Rodrigues Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 58 photos
Ahhh what a place! so peaceful and relaxing, exellent for hiking, tours, shopping, etc... so much to see and do on this tiny little Island. On Mauritius they told us that it was enough with 3 days, it wasnt, spend at least 5-7 days here, you will not regret it. Rodrigues have something for everyone. The food is fantastic, plenty of accomodation, friendly people, and views that will take your breath away. Rodrigues is only 18 Km long and about 40 000 people are living here, 90% African and some French, Indian, Chinese. The main religion is Catholic, but you can find some Mosqes and other temples as well. Rodrigues is not for partyanimals, but you can find Discos and even a Nightclub in the capital Port Mathurain, they are open at fridays and Saturdays.
Snorkelling is an absolute must do activity, its a worldclass experience.
- Pros:Very relaxing, a very special feeling!
- Cons:Little expensive accomodation
- In a nutshell:One of the best little Island in the world
One of the oldest shops in Port Mathurin, look at next picture - the shopowner, here you can find clothes hats and most... more travel advice
Fast service and friendly staff, we asked what to order and their recommendation of the seafood of the day was a true... more travel advice
LotusV8's Related Pages
Rodrigues Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweet as Honey"
- "a different Mauritius"
- "Le temps Longtemps..."
- "Rodrigues Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rodrigues
- Hotels in Rodrigues
- Transportation in Rodrigues
- Nightlife in Rodrigues
- Restaurants in Rodrigues
- Shopping in Rodrigues
- Warnings and Dangers in Rodrigues
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rodrigues
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Rodrigues?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rodrigues
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 30 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Battambang Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rodrigues Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Ko Racha Yai Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Side Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue