Sharm El Sheikh Off The Beaten Path Tips by LotusV8 Top 5 Page for this destination
Sharm El Sheikh Off The Beaten Path: 34 reviews and 67 photos
Usamabin Ladens summerrecidense
This IS Usama bin Ladens summerhouse!
I asked at the hotel,cabdriver and locals and they all said YES!
I did not see him around (maybe he was snorkeling)
Usama has a lot of houses around the world, but he is never visiting them, but somethimes his relatives visit this place.
Unbelievable? - belive it! This is true!!!!
If You find a friendly cabdriver that speaks nice English, ask him if You could rent him for a day or two.
He will surely drive You wherever You like to go for half the price of what You have to pay to the travelagency,hotel or local dealers.A ride to Ras Mohammad - 200 Le for a full day trip (4 persons).
Ras um Sid - 25 Le single ride and the cabdriver will pick You up at the time You ask for.
Me and my wife took a cab trough the Sinai desert - a 500 km ride! - from Sharm to St: Catherines Monastery and then to Dahab for shopping and back to Sharm and I paid the cabdriver 450 Le (50 Euro).
We started at 8 and returned at 17 in the evening.
This was amazing! I will never forget it, Camelcaravans in the desert, mountains sand, oasis, marvelous views. This ride will stay in my mind forever!!!!!
More Reviews (28)
- See All One of the best in Sharm
- See All Sidewalks
- See All Mangrove trees at Ras Mohammed
- See All Dancing in the desert
- See All Bargain
- Egypt taxi or bus?
LotusV8's Related Pages
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
- "~ Sharm El Sheikh ~ The Charm Of Sharm ~"
- "Its Egypt, kind of."
- "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- "Bedouin Dinner"
- "Sharm Charm"
- "Sharm el Sheikh - An Oasis in the Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transportation in Sharm El Sheikh
- Nightlife in Sharm El Sheikh
- Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
- Shopping in Sharm El Sheikh
- Warnings and Dangers in Sharm El Sheikh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh
- 30 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 109 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sharm El Sheikh
- Posted in Travel Rodrigues Forum "RE: RE: The mother of Pearl"
- Commented on one of beccyandjohn's Sharm El Sheikh travel pages
- updated a Sharm El Sheikh Travel Page "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- Wrote a Review One of the best in Sharm in Sharm El Sheikh Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of the best in Sharm"
Photos in Sharm El SheikhSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 30 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Battambang Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rodrigues Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Ko Racha Yai Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Side Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Naama Bay- 35 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Ras Mohammed National Park- 39 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Snorkeling- 30 Reviews, 42 Photos
- St. Catherine's Monastery- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Beaches- 11 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Quad Biking- 24 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Tiran Island- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Scuba Diving- 36 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Old Town Sharm- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Glass Bottom Boat- 15 Reviews, 23 Photos
See All Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do