"Sharm - one of the best places to be" Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh by LotusV8

Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide: 1,353 reviews and 2,473 photos

Above the clouds

I feel so sorry for all those who got killed and their relatives in this recent Terroristattack in Sharm, I hope that Sharm and its people will recover as soon as possible

I´m one my way to the paradise diving spot by Maersk airways (Danish) from Copenhagen, It´s my second travel to Sharm and I will go to Egypt again and again....
Egypt has a lot to offer not only diving/snorkeling, but all the things to see, ofcourse the pyramids and all the tempels but don´t miss Sinai - this place is really something. Sharm-el-Sheikh was built in 1968, the town has developed rapidly. It´s now one of the main scuba diving centres for Europeans and a lot of divers from different parts of the world has discovered this wonderful place. The hotels: from luxury to at least 3 star accomodations! For those who enjoy shopping, Naama Bay has a lot to offer, and to resonable prices (remember to bargain) You will find some stuff made by Beduins, leather,pottery, etc.....

My desert trip by cab (500 km) to S:t Catherines Monastery was something I never will forget!

Link to Sharmguide

Link to Sinai Divers

Landing in Sharm

A shot from the plane before landing
In the evening "Sharm" is aglow with lights. Restaurants, bars and Cafes are all busy. The tourists gather to talk over the daytrips or divingexperiences as the sip cold drinks and enjoy Sharms international cuisine. Ahh! I can´t wait!!!!!

Ready to go!

Well, You dont need to wear a wetsuit but it feels a lot better if You like me stays in the water for 1-2 hours

• Pros:Diving,diving,snorkeling,sun,food,desert,camels,etc....
  • Cons:Pharaos curse - bad stomach.
  • In a nutshell:The opposite of a rain forest - desert, but You will find the rain forest is under the water!
  • Last visit to Sharm El Sheikh: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 24, 2005

• grets's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2007 at 12:54 AM

Great tips on Sharm, very useful for anyone thinking of visiting. Thanks.

• Apr 8, 2007 at 3:12 AM

Could you let me know how can I get him?I'm gonna go to Nuweiba from Sharm el Shikh airport by taxi.

• Apr 2, 2007 at 11:47 AM

you should try the vodka sisha at the panorama its heaven

• valha's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2005 at 2:35 AM

thank you for your great pages, we are going to sharm on the 22nd 'Dec for Christmas and I will now know where to make a beeline for. Valha

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2005 at 6:34 AM

Thanks, mate! Your pages about Sharm are really helpful for someone, who's going to visit Egypt.

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2005 at 4:22 AM

Next time I'll be in Egypt - Sharm is where I'll be! Great page! And scuba diving is really unforgettable in Egypt!!!

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 3:20 AM

Great place for hollydays. Nice pics and useful infos :)

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2005 at 9:27 AM

Fascinating page.

• sonic60's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 10:15 AM

Excellent tips. Just returned from Sharm - took a taxi to Sharks Bay and Ras um Sid - used your prices as a guide - the snorkelling was excellent - cost us 40LE at Ras um Sid - but it was a beautiful spot. Thanks.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 11:21 AM

I am so glad you mentioned snorkelling - I was wondering if maybe this was only a good place for diving. Excellent tips (like about wearing long sleeves & pants at the monasteries), & poetic, too ("the rain forest is under the water") : )

Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh

Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?

Friends