"Vientiane - the capital city of Laos" Vientiane by LotusV8
Vientiane Travel Guide: 767 reviews and 1,747 photos
This is the landmark of Vientiane, a 46 m high concrete construction, it was never finished because different problems (war etc...) made the people take care of other issues than building monuments and the lack of money ofcourse.
When we visited Vientiane it was the dry season but it was raining heavily and only 10´ C!! - I wonder how it is during the wet season!
Vientiane is very quiet and the people are very friendly, maybe the most friendly in Southeastasia, they speak in a quiet way, almoust like whispering.
Vientiane was a very strange experience and absolutley a place to visit.
You don´t need to stay more than 2-3 days - then You have seen all of the town.
It is a very poor country, the average income is about 300 $ in a Year.
Vientiane has many beautiful tempels, and You can easily see them all by foot, like most of the things in town.
It was quite fun to see beautiful decorated toilets at the restaurants.
Look at the towel in the right bottom corner - it´s a doll!
Remember to bring toiletpaper, it´s ofthen stolen.
- Pros:Wonderful and very strange, calm and sleeapy
- Cons:Not much to do, see or buy
- In a nutshell:I´m happy that i spent a few days here!
We did not stay here, just looking outside was enough - very expensive! (My finger slipped recently so now You can find... more travel advice
It is quite nice to walk around and watching all those old French buildings, they are solky and usually not renovated... more travel advice
LotusV8's Related Pages
Vientiane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "back to Vieng Chan"
- "Vientiane: Titch vs. the Mozzies"
- "Vientiane, capital of tranquility"
- "Vientaine - Capital City of Laos"
- "Bank Training Project - Bank of Lao PDR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vientiane
- Hotels in Vientiane
- Transportation in Vientiane
- Nightlife in Vientiane
- Restaurants in Vientiane
- Shopping in Vientiane
- Warnings and Dangers in Vientiane
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vientiane
- 18 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Vientiane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vientiane
Photos in VientianeSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 30 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Battambang Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rodrigues Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Ko Racha Yai Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Side Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.