Dubai Sports & Outdoors Tips by amna_alshamsi Top 5 Page for this destination
Dubai Sports & Outdoors: 21 reviews and 31 photos
From the Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club to ski boats at Jumeira Beach, Dubai is ready for the water enthusiast of every taste and pocketbook.
Activities provided at hotels along Jumeria Beach include jet-skiing, sailing, windsurfing, paragliding and water skiing. Diving execursions that can also be arranged.
For the rest of us, there remains swimming in the warm waters, rides along Dubai Creek in local dhows and abras, and walks along the beaches.
Theme: Beach Activities
Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club
This spectacular Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club is Dubai's sporting oasis: a golf and leisure heaven surrounded by the city, a hallmark of service and excellence. The magnificent clubhouse - its design mirroring the sails of the traditional Arab Dhow - became an instant landmark when it opened in 1993. The club's 18-hole, par 72 championship course rolls 6,839 undulation yards along well-groomed fairways lined with date and coconut palms, attractive water hazards and shrubbery that lend a distinctly tropical air. The Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club Golf Academy was the first of its kind in the region and boasts facilities such as video swing analysis studio, floodlit nine-hole par 3 golf course and the three practice holess which complement the driving range and putting green. Programmes run by the resident PGA professionals are designed not judt to get aspiring golfers on the course but also to provide continued support to help improve
* information is taking from http://www.asiatravel.com/uae/golf/creekgolf/
and the pic from http://www.uae.gov.ae/images/dubgolf1.jpg
it is hard for me to take such photo or even to write about sport am not a sport fan ! but i hope you will enjoy it
The Aviation Club Tennis Centre
The home of the Dubai Tennis Championships since its inauguration in 1993. Spectators are welcome to enjoy the picturesque surroundings, the hugely popular Irish Village and Century Village. The Aviation Clubhouse is restricted to members, players, officials, VIPs and corporate sponsors only for the week of the tournament.
Also , Tennis Stadium When not being used for the Dubai Tennis Championships the stadium is also an excellent concert venue, having played to acts such as Sting, Geri Halliwel, Bryan Adams, Venga Boys, Asha Bhosle, Coolio, Shaggy, Sash, Maxi Priest, Big Mountain and Bally Sagoo, while former world boxing champion, Chris Eubank, staged his first Middle East bout on centre court in early 1997.
Walk through the Dubai Tennis Championships exhibition area and you will find a host of products displayed by many of the sponsors who are supporting the tournament this year. The Exhibition Area is to be found on the South side of the stadium.
source of the information http://www.dubaitennischampionships.com
Directions: The Irish Village and Century Village and the Aviation Clubhouse are vary famous in Dubai , so do not worry about how to get there just take a taxi and you will be there safely.
More Reviews (51)
- See All Important Airport information
- See All Taxi service in Dubai
- See All Growne Plaza
- See All Wind tower
- See All Mercado Mall
- See All Sheikh Zayed Road
amna_alshamsi's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBAI - A HOTCHPOTCH OF CULTURES"
- "Dynamic, ever-changing, friendly, exciting..."
- "Dubai...In A Fast Moving Phase"
- "Dubai Jewel of the Gulf"
- "Dubai is ......Dubai!"
- "A hot time in Dubai town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mizpe Ramon
- Coron Island Hotels
- Hazor Ashdod Hotels
- Villa Tasso Hotels
- Pulau Sibu Hotels
- Torre Pellice
- Angeles City Sports & Outdoors
- Nazaré Sports & Outdoors
- Ko Phangan Sports & Outdoors
- Kandersteg Sports & Outdoors
- Pietermaritzburg Sports & Outdoors
- Swimming Pools
- Torquay Sports & Outdoors
- Mombasa Sports & Outdoors
- Beaches & Swimming
- Torremolinos Sports & Outdoors
- Moldova Sports & Outdoors
- Sunny Beach Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 54 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
Photos in DubaiSee All Photos (68)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 54 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Al Fujayrah Region Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 4 travelogues
- Abu Dhabi Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos