"Salalah the stunning jewel of Oman" Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah by amna_alshamsi
Salalah Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 256 photos
Oman's southern Dhofar region has a glorious history and heritage-the wonders of nature, rich culture, traditions and notable economic development.
It is not to far from UAE, to travel to Salalah we normally go by road, as we need our cars to travel around the city instead of renting a car there.
I remember that we left home (Dubai) at 4:30 pm and arrived the next day around 12 pm , we drove all night only stopped for eating and praying. Al hamdulla we did not have any difficulties on the road, but the driver has to pay attention while driving and drinks lots of coffee as you do not know what will happen in a wink of eye! I was so excited my first travel by road ! (after this travel i hate travel by road!) i hate sitting for too long inside the car especially if am not the driver!
After driving in the middle of a vast desert you will have to cross a mountain to reach salaha. Here you have to be careful and not to drive to fast and not to take over, am sure you all know how mountain roads look like!
When you will pass the mountain you will reach your spot, you will be surprise to see all the frosts and green meadows which covers by clouds, it is surprising to see all this green vast land after staring at the desert for 2 days and nights!
In Salalah itself temperatures rarely exceed 30 degrees and are often cooler, because from June to September, this area is heavily affected by the south-west monsoon from Africa, and during the heat of summer elsewhere in the Gulf, there is often thick mist and rain.
- Cons:long desert roads to reach there
- In a nutshell:A paradise worth visiting in summer
Visitors to Salalah are quick to spot the brightly roofed fruit shops, uniformly set up near the city’s main streets.... more travel advice
Here is a pics of the traditional clothes in Oman and specifically in Salalah. more travel advice
amna_alshamsi's Related Pages
Salalah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salalah - My New Home"
- "camels and coconut trees"
- "Salalah the stunning jewel of Oman"
- "Salalah, Oman"
- "Salalah is a PARADISE"
- "Khareef Land"
- "Attraction of Salalah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salalah
- Hotels in Salalah
- Transportation in Salalah
- Nightlife in Salalah
- Restaurants in Salalah
- Shopping in Salalah
- Warnings and Dangers in Salalah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salalah
- 18 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Salalah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salalah
- Posted in Travel Dubai Forum "Re: Teaching English in Dubai"
- Wrote a Review brightly roofed fruit shops in Salalah Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "brightly roofed fruit shops"
- created a Salalah Travel Page "Salalah the stunning jewel of Oman"
- Commented on one of TomorrowsAngel's Salalah travel pages
Photos in SalalahSee All Photos (13)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 54 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Al Fujayrah Region Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 4 travelogues
- Abu Dhabi Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos