"A climber's paradise.....with a cultural twist" Fontainebleau by Sinjoor
Fontainebleau Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 449 photos
This region in the Fontainebleau forest just south of Paris, France is a well known destination in climbers' circles because of the many ranges and difficulties that one can attempt to conquer there. However the culturally inclined traveller will enjoy the nearby city of Fontainebleau itself , which is the location of a magnificent castle. In the town Milly La Forêt, near to the camp ground, a 525 year old "Halle" can be seen.
- Pros:a well organised campground near to the various climbing area's. Facilities are well maintained. A swimming pool is available depending on the weather. In the morning a bakery van visits the campground
- Cons:The campground has no store, so any provisions have to be acquired at the nearby village (15mins)or in the city of Fontainebleau
- In a nutshell:An area that will accomodate both the adventurous traveller and the more culturally inclined one.
As I stated in my intro this region is a climbers' paradise. Numerous boulders await anyone who's ready to rest his/her... more travel advice
Sinjoor's Related Pages
Fontainebleau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful FONTAINEBLEAU"
- "Moscow - Fontainebleau"
- "A Palace, A Town, A Forest"
- "The Royal and Imperial Palace of Fontainebleau"
- "A climber's paradise.....with a cultural twist"
- "World Heritage Fountainebleu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fontainebleau
- Hotels in Fontainebleau
- Transportation in Fontainebleau
- Restaurants in Fontainebleau
- Shopping in Fontainebleau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fontainebleau
- 3 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Fontainebleau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fontainebleau
Top 10 Pages
- Monterrey Intro, 19 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 42 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pleubian Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 7 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Provincie Antwerpen Intro, 1 review, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fontainebleau Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Parc National des Écrins Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tilburg 1 review, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hasselt Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues