"Sand and more sand" Mauritania by eeyan
Mauritania Travel Guide: 645 reviews and 1,407 photos
Mauritania wasn't a place that I had ever planned on visiting but due to the cancelling of the 1992 elections in Algeria ( and the subsequent violence)we made a detour.
You could enter the country from the south but you weren't allowed to leave via the north.
Ultimately we hired a local guide who took us around the gaurdposts and into the Western Sahara for a fee. He only told us about the minefield after we crossed it!
We received a genuinely warm welcome from the Morroccan army though.
- Cons:The sand gets everywhere
eeyan's Related Pages
Mauritania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mauritania - The Land of the Moors"
- "Looking for Gaia"
- "Salaam! Yakhe Lebass!"
- "My trip to Mauritania"
- "danielperals's new Mauritania Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mauritania
- Hotels in Mauritania
- Transportation in Mauritania
- Nightlife in Mauritania
- Restaurants in Mauritania
- Shopping in Mauritania
- Warnings and Dangers in Mauritania
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mauritania
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mauritania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mauritania
Top 10 Pages
- Mali Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Potosí Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Uyuni Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salinas de Garci Mendoza Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chile Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Democratic Republic of Congo Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mauritania Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madurai 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Coonoor Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kovalam Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue