"Richmond Hill" Richmond Hill by coolpanda87
Richmond Hill Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 17 photos
As one of Toronto's fastest growing suburbs, Richmond Hill is a high tech city that is home to many new immigrants & cultures. Especially dominant is Hong Kong immigrants, who decided to settle here in recent years.
Richmond Hill has been able to maintain many of its historic treasures, especially on a stretch of Yonge Street north of Major Mackenize Rd.
Richmond is one of Canada's fastest growing municipalities, & one of the leaders of growth in York Region.
Just like Hong Kong, the area has changed completely during the last ten years. Instead of farmland, the area looks like an endless mass of subdivisions, short office towers, & strip malls. Though not attractive, it is growth!
Richmond Hill is also the end product of urban sprawl, causing massive traffic jams on its streets & creating an anti-pedestrian environment. Though it might change one day, there is still no way that a person can compete with a car up here.
- Pros:rapid growth, clean city, multicultural
- Cons:traffic jams
coolpanda87's Related Pages
Richmond Hill Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Richmond Hill
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Richmond Hill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond Hill
Photos in Richmond HillSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 114 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 101 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 38 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Canada Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Burnaby Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues