"It`s Just A Hop Skip And A Jump" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park by Arm-Chair-Hero

Lake District National Park Travel Guide: 487 reviews and 1,307 photos

Lake District

The photo was taken in Windermere and in a way the title of this page sums up the Lake District......everything is just a hop skip and a jump away from each other.
I will try to break down the Lake District a little bit by listing other towns and villages within.
Where ever you go...north ,south,east or west all the places are quite close to each other when driving.
The Lake District has some of the most stunning scenery I have ever seen.....up until this holiday Taiwan was the most scenic place I had visited.

The place that we used as a base for this holiday was a small village fairly central in the Lake District called Conniston. For more information on this place please visit my Conniston Pages

The Lake District is quite a big area with many things to do and see I have made other pages that tie in with this area and will eventually put links to them. All of the places that have links have been visited using Conniston as a base.

• Pros:The most dramatic scenery I have ever seen
  • Cons:Can get very busy in places
  • In a nutshell:Go there you wont be disapointed
  • Last visit to Lake District National Park: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2004

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2005 at 5:12 AM

An area I've not had the chance to visit. We usually pass through late at night on way to Scotland, and the idea of queues is abit off-putting, but one day hopefully I'll get there.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 9:34 AM

I don't think Muncaster grounds are free, I'm sure there's an admission fee.

• eddilowe's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 6:11 AM

Hi, great tips, thanks. We're going back to the Lakes later this year so I'llmake note of some of the places I missed last time around....best wishes, Eddi

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2004 at 12:58 PM

Sure that's your car. Useful tips and relevant photos to match.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 2:17 PM

What a beautiful part of England I would would love to visit! Great page and fun intro pict!!

• chercarousel's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 5:31 PM

Love the pictures from Lake District. It makes me want to go visit there. Muncaster Castle sounds like it would really fun.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 10:27 PM

Very informative page..Sounds and looks like a lovely place. Gorgeous scenery.. PS.. Kona coffee is real good.. grown on the Big Island.. ;-)

• Dec 14, 2003 at 11:02 PM

Excellant page, great phtographs, nice tips and useful information. Many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and all the best for the future.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2003 at 12:13 PM

Great job you did in this page. Maze@Muncaster it is good for children but i bet i would enjoy it too.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2003 at 3:23 PM

The Lake District is fantastic ,lots of brilliant scenery.

Arm-Chair-Hero

“Everybodys favourite grandson”

Badges & Stats in Lake District National Park

Have you been to Lake District National Park?