"Golden Drum Festival" Portoroz by barbipez
Portoroz Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 99 photos
I was in Slovenia for a few days for work - the Golden Drum Advertising Festival - and it was beautiful. Piran and Portoroz are beautiful.
Portoroz - the "main drag" has the feel of a minature sized La Croisette in Cannes, FR and has some very nice hotels.
Piran is just bunched up on the little jut of a peninsula.
there is such a variety and mixture of architecture and this quaint, cosy feeling.
their currency - the SIT, slovenian tolar - was ODD to deal with, but luckily they're great with using Euros. i believe it's around 200 SIT per 1 EUR!!! something crazy like that.
just my first thoughts about the two towns before my mind forgets.
i didn't get to be much of a tourist since this was for work, but already am planning my own trip there!!!
just a bummer that there really isn't much of a beach. just an ocean that meets a concrete/rocky shoreline.
- Pros:small, colorful, usually inexpensive,
- Cons:no beaches really.
- In a nutshell:definite must see for the simple beauty of it.
You can easily take a tour/ride on one of the two boats offered. different trips will take you to different places... more travel advice
barbipez's Related Pages
Portoroz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "seaside betonville"
- "The glimps of the sea"
- "A touristressort before the season"
- "A Beach (?)"
- "-PORTOROZ-heaven on earth"
- "Golden Drum Festival"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portoroz
- Hotels in Portoroz
- Transportation in Portoroz
- Nightlife in Portoroz
- Restaurants in Portoroz
- Shopping in Portoroz
- Warnings and Dangers in Portoroz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portoroz
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Portoroz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portoroz
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 52 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Piran Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jablunkov Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cannes Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Portoroz Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Gonzales Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Austin 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Shiner Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Kromeriz Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos