"PIG KILLING FESTIVAL!!!" Jablunkov by barbipez
Jablunkov Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 160 photos
my friend and i went to Jablunkov to visit a friend of his there and take part in what we called the PIG KILLING FESTIVAL!!!
Every year they have a cultural day, where they butcher a lot of pigs, and then have a celebration full of food, drink, traditional music, dancing, a play, and much more!
we arrived, dressed in sunday best, to the community center. Jablunkov is near the Polish and Slovak borders, and the language is a mix between Czech and Polish as the town's population contains both.
lots of the kids dressed in traditional czech costumes and sang and did a few dances, as did some of the adults.
barbipez's Related Pages
Jablunkov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely town at the end of Czech :-)"
- "Welcome to Czech Republic with me!"
- "PIG KILLING FESTIVAL!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jablunkov
- Hotels in Jablunkov
- Transportation in Jablunkov
- Nightlife in Jablunkov
- Restaurants in Jablunkov
- Shopping in Jablunkov
- Warnings and Dangers in Jablunkov
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jablunkov
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Jablunkov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jablunkov
Photos in JablunkovSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 52 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Piran Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jablunkov Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cannes Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portoroz Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Gonzales Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Austin 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Shiner Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Kromeriz Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos