"Heart of the Silk Road" Uzbekistan by bartman_9
Uzbekistan Travel Guide: 1,724 reviews and 4,756 photos
Uzbekistan lies literally in the middle of nowhere: cut off from Russia by the endless steppes of Kazakhstan, seperated from China by the Tian Shan mountain Range, isolated from India by troubled Afghanistan. Long ago however, this was the throbbing heart of the fabled Silk Road and the splendour of cities such as Samarkand and Bukhara was the envy of the world. Today Uzbekistan is recovering from the economic and ecological damage inflicted by seventy years of communism. To the traveller it offers a unique experience far removed from mass-tourism, very hospitable people and some of the finest Islamic architecture in the world.
The birthplace of conqueror Timur Leng makes a pleasant daytrip from Samarkand. Take a shared taxi through an incredibly... more travel advice
bartman_9's Related Pages
Uzbekistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uzbekistan - the crossroads of time"
- "Uzbekistan-The Silk Road Wonder"
- "Uzbekistan, young country, old history."
- "On the ancient Silk Road"
- "Uzbekistan, many good memories"
- "Uzbekistan – visit, smell, touch, look and marvel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uzbekistan
- Hotels in Uzbekistan
- Transportation in Uzbekistan
- Nightlife in Uzbekistan
- Restaurants in Uzbekistan
- Shopping in Uzbekistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Uzbekistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uzbekistan
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Uzbekistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uzbekistan
Top 10 Pages
- Uzbekistan Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Egypt 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Kyrgyzstan 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Phnom Penh 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Angkor Wat 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Hong Kong 1 review, 1 photo
- Ho Chi Minh City 1 review, 1 photo
- Nha Trang 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.