"República de la Guinea Ecuatorial" Equatorial Guinea by Ilya_Andriy
Equatorial Guinea Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 37 photos
Equatorial Guinea is a little country situated in the Gulf of Guinea. And it is one of the most unknown places in Africa. Each country has characteristics that make it different. In Equatorial Guinea it is due to several things as being the unical spanish spoken country in Africa or its population. Equatorial Guinea is as big as Rwanda or Burundi, but is not as populated as they are. These has a population of millions, but Equatorial Guinea has less than 500.000 inhabitants.
Its territory is on the one hand continental compound of 26,017 sq Kms of surface; and another insular one of 2,034 sq Kms, formed by the islands of Bioko (former Fernando Poo), Annobón (former Pagalu), Corisco, Elobey Grande and Elobey Chico.
The continental part of Equatorial Guinea includes a level coastal strip, that is increasing attitude towards the interior. The land is waved smoothly and is densely place setting of forests; around 60% of the area it is watered by the Mbini River (former Benito).
The most important island of Equatorial Guinea is Bioko (2,017 kilometers square), at the north of the continental part, near the coast of Cameroun in the bay of Bonny (Biafra), a section of the gulf of Guinea. The island, of volcanic origin, is mountainous and very wooded, with a steep and rocky coast. Its peak altitude is Santa Isabel (3,008 meters).
With the small island of Annobón, located about 640 kilometers to the southwest of the coast of Gabon, it comprises the insular region.
Bata is the second city of E.G. and the first one in the Rio Muni mainland. If you arrive to Bata from Malabo the... more travel advice
Malabo is a little city situated on a natural crater shaped harbor at the base of Pico Basilé in a volcanic zone with a... more travel advice
Ilya_Andriy's Related Pages
Equatorial Guinea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "República de la Guinea Ecuatorial"
- "Spanish speaking country"
- "art-ur's new Equatorial Guinea Page"
- "Equatorial Guinea - Guinea Equatorial"
- "Malabo and EG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Equatorial Guinea
- Transportation in Equatorial Guinea
- Restaurants in Equatorial Guinea
- Warnings and Dangers in Equatorial Guinea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Equatorial Guinea
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Equatorial Guinea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Equatorial Guinea
Photos in Equatorial GuineaSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Melilla Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kamchatskaya Oblast' Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ceuta Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Equatorial Guinea Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Ciudad de Malabo Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bata Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Isla de Corisco Intro, 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nazerat `Illit Intro, 2 photos
- Nuku Hiva Intro, 1 photo
- Ciudad de Ela Nguema Intro, 1 photo