"The Mediterranean pearl" Top 5 Page for this destination Ceuta by Ilya_Andriy
Ceuta Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 207 photos
The autonomous city of Ceuta lies on a small peninsula in North Africa, facing the rock of Gibraltar, it basks in the waters of the Atlantic ocean and the Mediterranean sea, bordering Morroco in the west.
The region is 18.5 square kilometres in size. It is 26 km from C?diz. It is mainly situated on the hillsides of Monte Hacho, on a small peninsula in the Mediterranean sea. Hacho is joined to the continent by a low isthmus formed of seven hills on a narrow stretch of land and ends on the eastern slopes of Mount Marabut. Ceuta's port lies in a large bay in the north of the region.
Situated beside a bay, the fortified city has watched over the strait of Gibraltar since long ago. The walled area presides over the old quarter of this Cosmopolitan Mediterranean city.
Since ancient times, Ceuta's strategic location has encouraged the settlement of different civilisations. Phoenicians, Greeks, Carthaginians, Romans, Visigoths and, later, Arabs and Portuguese occupied this place for commercial or military ends. Finally, by its own will, it came to form part of the Spanish crown in 1580.
Ceuta is one of the two spanish cities (the other one is Melilla) in northern africa.
I've just begun the construction of my pages, and so I expect your understanding.
More pictures and tips will be uploaded soon.
The only one way for arriving Ceuta from Mainland Spain is crossing the Gibraltar Strait by sea. Although I believe that... more travel advice
Benzú is an area situated in the north western side of Ceuta, near the border with beautiful views of the surrounding... more travel advice
Ilya_Andriy's Related Pages
Ceuta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mediterranean pearl"
- "Europe invades Africia"
- "A Gate to Africa"
- "Christianna and Radmilo in Ceuta"
- "Look at my Ceuta travelogues too see more"
- "Ceuta, last European portion of Europe in Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ceuta
- Hotels in Ceuta
- Transportation in Ceuta
- Restaurants in Ceuta
- Shopping in Ceuta
- Warnings and Dangers in Ceuta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ceuta
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ceuta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ceuta
Photos in CeutaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Melilla Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kamchatskaya Oblast' Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ceuta Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Equatorial Guinea Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Ciudad de Malabo Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bata Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Isla de Corisco Intro, 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nazerat `Illit Intro, 2 photos
- Nuku Hiva Intro, 1 photo
- Ciudad de Ela Nguema Intro, 1 photo