"Chicago" Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois by ant1606

Illinois Travel Guide: 8,200 reviews and 17,573 photos

Lake Shore Ride

I had the opportunity to borrow a friend's bike in Detroit, MI and find a perfect July weekend to go visit friends in Chicago. Rush-hour traffic on Lake Shore Drive gave me more time to enjoy the city's downtown skyline! Always an extraordinary experience - and changing as new residential buildings are under costruction near the Chicago river.

Architecture

The city of Chicago is dotted with great pieces of architecure. Not only the obvious, ever present skyscrapers. One has to go discover the not-so-famous buildings scattered here and there, such as the terracotta-cladded Krause Music Store on Lincon Avenue, in the Northeast part of town.

• Last visit to Illinois: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Chicago certainly has changed since my last visit (25 years ago, for a convention).

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 3:43 AM

I love that big 'bean' matey!! And seeing the city from the roof top must have been something!! Great page!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• zanzooni's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 12:46 AM

I absolutely adore "Chi Town" One of my favorite cities.!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 8:31 AM

Impressive overview of Chicago. I especially enjoyed your restaurant tip. I love Millennium Park so, of course, I enjoyed your perspectives concerning it.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2005 at 11:21 AM

Nice pics of the city in summer. Hope you have some restaurant tips to put in!

ant1606

“Gotta know more of our world”

Badges & Stats in Illinois

Have you been to Illinois?

Latest Activity in Illinois