"Belgium" Belgium by ant1606
Belgium Travel Guide: 22,208 reviews and 55,903 photos
My previous trips to Belgium were mainly related to a EU sponsored research project in Brussels. I recall the airport not being sized to the importance of the city which is the seat of the European Parliament. Hope it improved since. I enjoyed the city but I fell in love with smaller Antwerp despite I didn't do anything special there. Its city center is an architecture jewel orderly maintained. Sitting outdoors in a cafe' contemplating the surroundings and swirling Flemish and French languages filling the air was a great experience while sipping excellent beers.
Returning to Belgium in summer 2009 after several years was nothing but pure pleasure. This time was even more rewarding as a portion of our 2009 cycling tour took us through this country. Not only it's eco-friendly, the slow speed allows for sights and sensations hardly achieved aboard a motorized vehicle. It's also a great solution to reach and move around pedestrian areas, where it's always good to dismount for general safety.
Our tour touched Antwerp, Leuven and Brussels. We feel it's not enough and we want to see other places soon!
- to be continued -
Capital of the Flemish Brabant region, Leuven is a city of moderate size but capable of leaving any visitor speechless... more travel advice
ant1606's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 94 reviews, 173 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 85 reviews, 129 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 48 reviews, 162 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 44 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piemonte Intro, 58 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Michigan Intro, 36 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Africa Intro, 36 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos
- Scotland Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue