"Belgium" Belgium by ant1606

Belgium Travel Guide: 22,272 reviews and 56,144 photos

My previous trips to Belgium were mainly related to a EU sponsored research project in Brussels. I recall the airport not being sized to the importance of the city which is the seat of the European Parliament. Hope it improved since. I enjoyed the city but I fell in love with smaller Antwerp despite I didn't do anything special there. Its city center is an architecture jewel orderly maintained. Sitting outdoors in a cafe' contemplating the surroundings and swirling Flemish and French languages filling the air was a great experience while sipping excellent beers.

Returning to Belgium in summer 2009 after several years was nothing but pure pleasure. This time was even more rewarding as a portion of our 2009 cycling tour took us through this country. Not only it's eco-friendly, the slow speed allows for sights and sensations hardly achieved aboard a motorized vehicle. It's also a great solution to reach and move around pedestrian areas, where it's always good to dismount for general safety.
Our tour touched Antwerp, Leuven and Brussels. We feel it's not enough and we want to see other places soon!

- to be continued -

• Last visit to Belgium: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2010

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Gorgeous photos ! I love Belgium, especially on grey freezing winter days. I'm sure it's lovely in summer too but I've always visited in December and it seems to me a country well suited to winter.

ant1606 Visits Here Frequently!

ant1606

“Gotta know more of our world”

Badges & Stats in Belgium

Have you been to Belgium?

Latest Activity in Belgium