"Mountain may change you please do not change them." HimalayanSherpa's Profile
Mt. Thamserku a beautiful mountain in the Everest region of Nepal. I took this picture on 7th April 2005 during my trek to the Sherpas village of Khumjung. Khumjung is a typical Sherpa village situated at the altitude of 3,790m above the sea level. You can see a old monastery in Khumjung where you can find Yetis sculp. Also there is a highest places High school founded by Sir Edmund Hillary. The Khumjung High School was established in 1960 after Tenjing Norgey Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary successfully climbed Mt. Everest in 1953.
I took this picture from near my lodges where I used to stay. Please, do see my other chapter for further.
Lukla - A one of the busiest STOL in Nepal.
Phakding (2,600m) – Where the first night of the Everest Trekking to be spent. This place is situated at the bank of the Dudh Koshi River. It is most exciting when you spent your night at the Tent provided your trekking agency.
A areal view of Namche Bazar (3,440m) a well known Sherpa capital in the Everest region.
Khumjung Village(3,390m) where the worlds highest high school is situated and can be seen Yeti's Sculp in the old monastery of this village.
The Himayan Cherry bloom near the Monjo Village at the altitude of (2,800m)
Syangboche (3,800m) - From where most of the mountain in the Khumbu region can be seen.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 4 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on zazatann's profile page
- HimalayanSherpa and paddington28 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Nepal Forum "Re: Maha Shivaratri Festival 2015..."
updated their Personal Page "Hotel Everest View"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hotel Everest View"
- Wrote a Review Mt Everest about Trekking in Nepal Favorites
- updated a Langtang Travel Page "Where is Langtang??????"
Top 5 Pages
- Khumbu Himal Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pokhara Intro, 3 photos
- Annapurna Himal Intro, 3 photos
- Langtang Intro, 3 photos