"Dondurma!!" Kahramanmaras by CrtnShdofGrn
Kahramanmaras Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 30 photos
That is the biggest thing this town is known for. Their version of ice cream is known all over the country, and even inspired the franchise Mado (think Haagen-Daas, or Baskin Robbins). I don't remember the name of the place where I first tried it, but I could find out if you want to know. It is incredible! Other than that, there isn't much to tell abou this town. It is sprawled out along the base of a mountain range, and is rather scenic, but better once you get out of the city and start up the mountains. There is a park with a tower that provides a nice view of the city and surrounding valley.
Here is another pic of the surrounding area...
- Pros:Scenic, but don't forget to try the dondurma!
- Cons:Being a more eastern town, I am told by many of my local friends (one of whom lived here for 2 years) that the people are too conservative for many westerners taste.
- In a nutshell:If you are in the area, give it a few hours of your time, you won't be disappointed. But, I wouldn't recommend a long trip!
CrtnShdofGrn's Related Pages
Kahramanmaras Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stacey_Johns's new Kahramanmaras Page"
- "OLD PICTURES"
- "evliyasems's new Kahramanmaras Page"
- See All...
- Hotels in Kahramanmaras
- Transportation in Kahramanmaras
- Restaurants in Kahramanmaras
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kahramanmaras
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kahramanmaras?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kahramanmaras
Top 10 Pages
- Kirrberg Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Breda Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Del Rio Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bitche Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Adana Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Antalya Intro, 3 photos
- Ephesus Intro, 3 photos
- Goreme Intro, 3 photos
- Brussels Intro, 2 reviews