Tübingen Things to Do Tips by sylina
Tübingen Things to Do: 43 reviews and 70 photos
This is a small museum in the square.. but it was closed that day...
top of the Castle
It's a nice area up here.. nowadays.. the castle becomes the library and some other function rooms for the university.. you can see some students reading under the corridors beside the small inner platz... if you go further inside there is also a great spot to catch a view of the whole town..
Directions: up to the hill
the main square from top
There are many monuments of the rulers of Wuerttemberg (counts and later on Dukes of Wuerttemberg) have been erected in this church since 1534.
Before that time the church belonged to a group of prebendaries (Chorhenrren) and was also used as the festival hall of the university. The stained glass windows were put up in the year 1475. Count Eberhard the Bearded ("im Bart") and his wife Barbara Gonzaga of Mantua gave the middle window, showing the births of Holy Mary and of Christ. The figures of the Apostles (1475) come from different schools of art, probably from the Syrlin school at Ulm. Most of the figures can be distinguished by their attributes: i.e. instruments of torture and death.
The monuments placed in 4 rows in direction east to west are seen from below the left window (view to the nave). The dukes' bodies are buried in an own vault underneath the choir.
It was not allowed to touch or photograph in the choir area. Though I've taken a few (of coz without flash, I understand how the flash could damage the relics) before I noticed the sign.. oooops... Fortunately that's the only rule I broke with no purpose that day .. :)
I recommend to climb up Stiftskirche church to catch a panorama of Tuebingen.. great great view.
Directions: get yourself to the town hall square.. you will find your way to the church..
It's the day for market.. fresh fruit and veggies..
on the way to town hall square
Many shops in Tuebingen.. I bought many gifts and souvenirs from there.. :)
You will find this scene on lots of postcard in Tuebingen... I would love to spend a sunny afternoon on the riverbank if I had a longer stay..
More Reviews (2)
sylina's Related Pages
Tübingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval Academia"
- "Tübingen - colorful despite the rain"
- "Studying Abroad"
- "A Sunny Day in Tubingen"
- "Germany's beauty"
- "A lively small town with a lot of young ppl"
- "Beautiful university town close to Stuttgart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tübingen
- Hotels in Tübingen
- Transportation in Tübingen
- Restaurants in Tübingen
- Shopping in Tübingen
- Warnings and Dangers in Tübingen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Coco Plum Cay Hotels
- Cubelles Hotels
- Akasia Hotels
- Esztergom Hotels
Badges & Stats in Tübingen
- 9 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Tübingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tübingen
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 228 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 71 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hangzhou Intro, 39 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 18 reviews, 129 photos, 6 travelogues
- Isola del Giglio Intro, 11 reviews, 94 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Tübingen Intro, 9 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Qingdao Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (76)
Latest Tübingen hotel reviews
- Hotel Am Schloss
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013