"Jiuzhaigou valley -- fairyland" Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou by sylina

Jiuzhaigou Travel Guide: 257 reviews and 870 photos

Jiuzhaigou, most beautiful nature in China

Jiuzhaigou, reputed as a "fairyland", is situated in the central south part of the Jiuzhaigou county of the Aba Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture in Sichuan Province, China, being a tributary of the Baishuihe River on the Jialingjiang River of the Changjiang water system. It is so named because of the nine Tibetan villages in the scenic area such as the Heye Village, the scenic area enjoys pleasant climate and beautiful colours all the year round, being one of the world's famous scenic areas possessing the best tourist environment.
Jiuzhaigou, the fairyland filled with poetic dreams, is the paradise of mankind endowed by nature, and our spiritual home in return to nature.

Primitive Forest in Snow

It took me 12 hours from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by bus. Can you imaging it?? I felt like a fish in a can! It was raining after 7pm. Too many turnings, could not see through the dark out of the window made me upset. It was 11pm when we got there. I was dying and fell asleep soon.
We set out to the top of Scenic zone of Primitive Forests. Surprisingly, all the sceneries are covered by snow. The guider told us that if it was raining at mountainside, it should be snowing at the top of the mountain. I was soooo excited for the gorgeous view. it made me forget the inconvenience on the journey... it's worthy!!!

red berries

Red berries with snow... seems sweet... if it's not poisonous... :)))

• Pros:Jiuzhaigou is the very attraction where you can savour the water phenomenon and the surprising charm of the Fairyland. Man and Nature in Jiuzhaigou are in perfect harmony.
  • Last visit to Jiuzhaigou: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 16, 2003

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Nice page!

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2008 at 9:17 PM

You where born in the sheep year (1979).. according to that tradition.. what is my year?.. (1954).. and what does it mean?... Ismael

• Museeuw's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2007 at 8:31 AM

Hi. I'm planning to go to Jiuzhaigou in the coming months and I think your tips will be very helpful. Already thanks in advance. :-)

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2006 at 10:02 PM

What a beautiful place. Thanks for telling us about it.

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 8:59 PM

I wish to go JiuZhaiGou! Its so beautiful in all seasons. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics with us!

• Travel2write's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2005 at 4:57 AM

Sylina I love the snow and wow are these great pics! I guess I never have thought about China as a place with snow! Although it makes sense to me now! Take care John

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 4:46 AM

What a beatiful, BEAUTIFUL page! And place! Indeed, a fairy tale! The five-colour lake looks so much like my beloved Plitvice lakes (Plitvicka Jezera National Park), where calcium is dominant! A stunning page Sylina!

• juliewong's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2005 at 3:26 AM

The descriptions coupled with breathtaking pictures are enough to convince me to make this place my next destination. Am torn between autumm and winter (primitive forest pics are great!)

• djennewein's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2004 at 6:09 AM

i'd love to try the berries in the primitive forest. sounds like a great place.

• Andrei222's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 10:57 PM

You combined beautiful descriptions with colorful photos--great panoramic.

sylina

“Do it now, tomorrow maybe too late”

Badges & Stats in Jiuzhaigou

Have you been to Jiuzhaigou?

Latest Activity in Jiuzhaigou