"Torino, non sta mai ferma" Torino by sylina

Torino Travel Guide: 752 reviews and 1,608 photos

A simple gem

Torino locates in northwest of Italy, Piemonte region. It's the first capital of Italy. The old center is absolutely gorgeous.. straight streets.. sometimes feels alike with Paris.. The city conceives the controversial burial shroud of Jesus Christ. Also is the home of FIAT, Juventus, Lavazza, Kappa and a lot more...

Torino is about elegancy.. Beautiful city with inspired people. Great food, wine, chocolate and sweets. My first two visits were in winter. Very nice already. So I promised myself to return in summer. I made it this June. The city is a lot more lively in warm season.

I happened to run into some celebration of Italy 150 years unification during my stay. Fireworks, parade with Carabinieri (a police kind) from all regions in italy, orchestra performance and demonstration by Vigili del fuoco (fireman).. kept my eyes busy aside from the main attractions.

People in Torino are polite and friendly. They are very proud of being Torinese. Well, they got their reasons.. :) And they do know how to enjoy a good life!!!

I walked a lot this time, tried to explore more in a short time. I found the city is well planned and well maintained. Every single detail was treated seriously, taken good care of by its people. I think it's really the key of being a nice city. If you pay enough attention, you will be impressed by how creative and inspiring the people is.

River Po

Po goes through the city.. along the river bank there is a beautiful park and medieval castle, nice walking path on both sides, great spot for jogging or cycling.. fine restaurants on the hill side.. on the hills.. there are many nice houses or villas owned by rich people..

In summer, there are open air bars and clubs on the river side... live band, loud music.. nice to visit if it's your thing..

Alps city

The city is cuddled by Alps. Good for winter sports.

pic resource: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/images/torino.jpg

• Pros:When a city is admired by its own people.
  • In a nutshell:http://www.turismotorino.org/index.php
  • Last visit to Torino: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Nice photos of Torino! I recently spent an entire day in the Egyptian Antiquities department of the Louvre in Paris, so I’m sure I would like the Egyptian Museum in Torino, too. Same for the film museum (I’ve been to ones in Frankfurt, Düsseldorf and Lyon). I crossed the Po River on my bicycle, but further downstream at Cremona.

• ines2003's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2010 at 12:38 AM

nice pictures and good advances i hope one day take your tips and go there are, bye

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2008 at 2:01 AM

Great page about a great city!

• livi4's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

torino - nice pics & infos. well done. it's on my list.

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2008 at 5:29 AM

What a lovely page! Congratulations.

• May 7, 2008 at 5:36 AM

Wow! Your Torino pages are sooo interesting! I live close to Torino, in a town called Moncalieri. You really have to love this city. Hope to meet you here very soon, just tell me when!

sylina

“Do it now, tomorrow maybe too late”

Badges & Stats in Torino