"Welcome to my city" sylina's Profile
I love travelling, to see new things, meet new people... I always believe, difference is interesting.. sometimes it's all what counts..
So far Europe is my favourite. I have some close friends in Germany, I visit it often.. besides, I like quite much what I saw, what I experienced in Portugal, Spain and France.. etc... But above all, Italy is my biggest love... I tried to make 3 trips a year to visit Europe, mainly Italy... :)
Through all these years, all the trips I made, I started to realize Shanghai is my true home.. where I miss deeply after a while... no matter how much I like Europe, how much I enjoy my dolce vita in Italy... after a while, my heart is longing for Shanghai's beat... I noticed that 20 days is the limit... it happened many times that on 21st day, I start to get a little homesick... and tell myself, I need to go home... :)
The Bund is probably the most famous spot for Shanghai. I love to stroll along it.. especially in evening.. I got to know that most of my colleagues and friends seldom go there... because they think it's for tourist... hell No! Just because I am local, doesn't mean I should give up enjoying one of the most charming venues in town.. :)
The other activity I am addicted to is having couple glasses of wine on the Bund.. There are many bars/lounges along the bund... very nice ones but not low price for sure.. I do visit them time to time.. but when the weather is nice.. I prefer to bring my own wine, glass and music.. just sit on the steps, enjoy the atmosphere, the view and people watching.. it's just great! :)
We had some beautiful clear days in summer this year.. This is view from my office canteen area.. Ps: we are on 41F... My colleague from Netherlands pointed it out to me, it was so clear that we could even see the small (and only) hill we have in Shanghai on the horizon.. "what is going on?" he asked me.. :D
yeah.. unfortunately we have too many foggy days here.. but sometimes it's possible to get some clear sky too.. hehe...
After Jin Mao tower, they built this "bottle opener" (World Financial Center)... the building behind... has an observe deck on 100F.. said to have glass floor.. I went to check it out.. turned out to be only 2 small squared glass area on the floor.. nothing really exciting.. instead the view from the bar on 92 floor was pretty amazing.. see the main pic... it's a popular venue to watch sunset when the weather is nice.. make sure to arrive early to get a table.. :)
They are constructing now a new building close to those two towers, an even taller one - Shanghai Center, which is said to be 580m, 118 floors.. hmmm... Let's see..
The TV tower is the first tall building in Pudong area, started in 1991, completed in 1994.
There was a glass roof (a really one, not as the bottle opener) added a few years ago, around the big ball.. I haven't made to step on it.. should be fun.. :)
Pearl Tower has witnessed how much Pudong has changed since 1991.. and I too, have seen how Shanghai has improved a lot through these years.. We have now 13 metro lines, will be 22 in 2020 as planned..
Shanghai is getting more and more crowded.. lack of green, poluted air, dusty area due to endless construction here and there.. but the city is definitely improving.. It's a convenient and exciting city to live.. I love it!
This pic was taken in the 789 bar of Le Meridien on Nanjing Dong Lu on 66F... Nice view for both Pudong and Puxi area.. the street lightened up is Nanjing road.. the shopping street..
The pedestrian Nanjing Dong Lu is a famous shopping street with big neon lights... starts from People Square ends at the Bund.. full of malls and shops.. Apple store as well.. :)
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 371 Reviews
- 1,505 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- sylina and NorainS are now friends.
- Commented on sylina's profile page
- created a London Travel Page "London"
- Uploaded a Photo to "London"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my city"
- Wrote a Review L'antico Caffe Scaletto dal 1921 in Bologna Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Bologna
- Posted in Travel Bologna Forum "3 days in Bologna, Via..."
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 228 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 71 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hangzhou Intro, 39 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 18 reviews, 129 photos, 6 travelogues
- Isola del Giglio Intro, 11 reviews, 94 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Tübingen Intro, 9 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Qingdao Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22507 Reviews - 55085 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15666 Reviews - 31356 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3730 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12025 Reviews - 26772 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos