Krakow Nightlife Tips by Skeptic-jr Top 5 Page for this destination
Krakow Nightlife: 220 reviews and 291 photos
Inside of Baraka
Baraka is one of the pubs / clubs at the New Square (Plac Nowy) in Kazimierz district, in my opinion the best place for quick drink as well as a all-night long seeting with friends and a mugful of beer in hand. Music: chill out, reggae, jazz and folk. Sometimes a bit laud to speak being heard.
Open: 9 AM - last clients (the longest I was to 3 PM). Beer - about 6 zloties (~1,2 euro), drings - from 6 zloties.
Huge windows, so you can easy looking passer-by on the New Square and Warszauera Street.
Last times they add also a floor with definitely different style of arrangement.
Dress Code: Casual
Address: Plac Nowy / Warszauera Street 1
Everywhere you can eat, drink, dance, play...
Krakow is a good example of cities in which the nightlife is not spread over all their territory but is concentrated in one (or more) place(s). The Main Market Square and its surroundings are one of them. And they are probably a prime of such places in Krakow and for sure the most famous.
Once upon a time I have heard there had been over 100 cafes where they had been serving alcohol inside a ring of Planty Garden (a few squares with Main Market among them and over a dozen streets). I am sure that now this number is doubled or even trebled.
But the best of them is their diversity: you can find both "artistic cafes" and regular pubs, pizza restaurants and Latin discoes, traditional Polish and linked to other cultures and cuisines, snobbish and ordinary, modern and old-fashioned, inside and outside, cellars, ground-floor and upstairs, one- and more leveled...
Whatever what you like. Taste them. By night, but in the day too.
Dress Code: Usually casual, sometimes official.
Directions: Inside the Planty Garden.
On the stalls
In a heart of Kazimierz there is an original place for having some night fun. Especially during weekends New Square is full of people who just sit on the stalls, in the mornings used by merchants for selling their goods. Around the square there are many clubs, pubs and restaurants, but the best atmosphere is in the middle of the spot. Sometimes one can have some little problems, because owners of pubs don't want to sell beer for taking it on tables. Last year (2002) the municipal police tried to evict people from the tables arguing that drinking alhohol is not allowed in open area. But they failed, probably because close to the tables appeared fast-foods and now there is no clear border between their area and this belonged to "no-one".
The place is popular within artists, alternative journalists and subcultural youth.
WARNING: NOW THE MUNICIPAL POLICE IS AGAIN IN THE OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE STALLS-SITTERS*
Dress Code: Casual.
Address: Plac Nowy (New Square), Kazimierz District
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Outside part of the café
This is a café, where you can eat something as well. One part of the <i>Mleczarnia</i> is inside, another - across Meiselsa Street -outside, on the courtyard in the passage connecting Meiselsa St. and St Joseph St.
Prices (2003): beer (0,5 l) - 5,5 zloties
beer (0,3 l) - 4,5 zloties
juice (0,3 l) - 3 zloties.
1 EUR = about 4,4 zloties, 1 USD = about 3,8 zloties.
Dress Code: Casual.
Address: Ulica Meiselsa (Meiselsa Street) No 20
Directions: Kazimierz District
Phone: +48 (12) 421 85 32
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (124)
- See All Krakow Valley Golf & Country Club
- See All In the heart of Kazimierz District
- See All Italian taste
- See All Krakow in a nutshell
- See All Sad place and great people
Skeptic-jr's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "How could you not love Krakow?"
- "EUROMEET IN KRAKOW POLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 128 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 79 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
- Posted in Travel China Forum "Searching for useful details"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Krakow Valley Golf & Country Club"
- Wrote a Review Krakow Valley Golf & Country Club in Krakow Things to Do
- updated a Krakow Travel Page "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- Commented on one of leics's Krakow travel pages
Photos in KrakowSee All Photos (176)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 128 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eger Intro, 30 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Piran Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Rovinj Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hajduszoboszlo Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balatonfured Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Szydlow Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wawel Castle- 339 Reviews, 520 Photos
- Auschwitz- 108 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Jewish Quarter - Kazimierz- 155 Reviews, 298 Photos
- Wieliczka Salt Mine- 69 Reviews, 172 Photos
- Market Square - Rynek Glowny- 158 Reviews, 257 Photos
- St. Mary's Church- 127 Reviews, 230 Photos
- St. Florian's Gate and the Barbican- 110 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Cloth Hall - Sukiennice- 84 Reviews, 142 Photos
- Oskar Schindler's Factory- 6 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Church of Saints Peter & Paul- 34 Reviews, 57 Photos
See All Krakow Things to Do