"Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow by Skeptic-jr
Krakow Travel Guide: 4,393 reviews and 10,167 photos
See: Krakow on UNESCO Heritage List
My Krakow in a nutshell album
Krakow is the city, which for many years was a seat for Polish kings. In 1978 the Old Town was registered by UNESCO list. To be honest now the list is loosing its significance, becouse of its expansion and bureaucratic procedure to get such a noble title. But Krakow (and Wieliczka too) was one of the first 12 sites on the World Heritage List!
Today some Krakow's politicians and local communities are prepering for starting procedures to to involve on the list at least two other complex of building: the old part of socrealistic city Nowa Huta (New Steelwork district) and a set of forts which in 19th century made Krakow Austrian's fortress.
Photo: Wawel Castle
This is place where not only the Polish kings were living, but - as we say: "The Heart of Poland", place very important for our history, culture and identity.
If I could recommend you a style of visiting my Krakow's pages, I would suggest you to follow my order of "must see" tips. Putting them together I hoped to give here an opportunity for a virtual walk through the historic center of the city.
Up to now it covers so called "Royal Route" and another itinerary by streets of Kazimierz, the former Jewish district.
Of course my virtual Krakow is far from be completed. But extending it I try to keep the order of the tips. It give them the logical sense.
Recommended external pages:
The Wawel Castle and the Old Town from a bird's-eye view
And some galleries recommended me by one of the readers (and probably the auhor of the pics...). I think they are worth to see:
Cracow at night
Events of 2004
As a resident of the city I want to show you its original values that usually are not mentioned in popular book-guides. So read particular carefully my tips about places which are Off the beaten paths and about local customs.
Around the city
Have a day for leasure? Tired of city's athmosphere and loking for rest at the nature? Want to visit small courtyards, ruins of old castles, deep forests, picturesque smal towns and many other interesting destinations? click!
- Pros:Full of historical places, monuments, universities, cultural activities and entertainments
- Cons:I have to think about cons
- In a nutshell:Must see
I have not been there, since I do not play golf, but people sometimes wants to know how to get there. So this is info... more travel advice
Yammy food, worse for the climate. At least there was lack of it when I was there last time (March 2007, weekend). Few... more travel advice
- See All Krakow in a nutshell
- See All Sad place and great people
- See All Dragons' Parade
- See All Railway
Skeptic-jr's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "WELCOME TO KRAKOW"
- "EUROMEET IN KRAKOW POLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 128 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 83 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
- Posted in Travel China Forum "Searching for useful details"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Krakow Valley Golf & Country Club"
- Wrote a Review Krakow Valley Golf & Country Club in Krakow Things to Do
- updated a Krakow Travel Page "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- Commented on one of leics's Krakow travel pages
Photos in KrakowSee All Photos (176)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 128 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eger Intro, 30 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Piran Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Rovinj Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hajduszoboszlo Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balatonfured Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Szydlow Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Krakow hotel reviews
- Hotel Wyspianski
- 399 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Novotel Krakow Centrum
- 283 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Alexander Hotel
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Chopin Hotel Cracow
- 205 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Rezydent Hotel
- 271 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Hotel Amber
- 288 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Hotel Galicya
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Grand Hotel - Krakow
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Sympozjum Hotel
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Hotel Pod Roza
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hotel Globus
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Kazimierz's Secret Apartments
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 22, 2013
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Red Brick Apartments
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013